Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When will Hubby feel the baby move?

As the subject title says, when will Hubby be able to feel the baby move. I feel movements and kicks all of the time, especially if I'm sat at my desk because I must be squashing him/her. I really want Hubby to feel it so he can be more involved, I think he does as well becuase I'm sure it hasn't sunk in it's all real yet. I started to feel movement about 3 weeks ago I think. This is our first baby, I'm a size 14 and about 5'7". I say all this because some people say it depends on your build and how toned you are (not very toned at all!!) :lol:

Replies

• G/C from DIS. With my first my OH didn't get to feel proper movements until about 25 weeks. This is number 3 and he felt them at 18 weeks. It varies on the position of baby as well. Try laying on your back and just waiting x
  • I felt bubs move from the outside for the first time on friday but that seems to have been a one off. Typically I was at work rather than anywhere near hubby. I'm 20 weeks today, the obstetrician felt him move whilst doing the scan this afternoon when he decided to do a big roll. But hubs still hasn't I can't wait till he does. Like you I get more movements when I'm sitting at my desk, that or if there's loud music (trip to the cinema, pub etc). Hubs spent ages with his hand on bump while we were in the pub last week in the hope of feeling him (bubs seems to do a little jig when the quiz master puts music on), but it seemed every time he moved his hand off bubs started again, it was like he was teasing him.
  • Hubby usually has best success feeling baby moving when she's at her very most active - we're talking serious wiggles and kicks, not just the fainter movements you'd feel but he wouldn't. I usually then lie on my back, direct his hand so it's lying flat and firm (you don't want hubby confusing his fingertip pulse with baby kicks!) and then just be patient! :lol:

I'm roughly the same height and build as you so hopefully that should work for you!

Good luck! xxx
  • G/C from DIS but with DD it was about 24wks into term when DH first felt her move. This time around it happened around 19wks into term but my placenta is in the middle of my back which means it's easier to feel those kicks. If you have a forward laying placenta it may take that little bit longer.
  • I could feel baba move from about 16/17 weeks and then gradually from the outide - hubby not felt it yet but he can see the kicking sometimes from the outside when my belly jumps!!

I cant wait until he can feel it - very active at the moment

• I am so pleased cos i could feel little twinges but not really flutters or anything so was getting a bit fed up but last night I could feel proper kicks and hubby could too!! image Sooo pleased.

xxxx
  • hubby said he could feel it last night, only once when bab was having a party in there!

• Just an udate....Hubby felt baby move Friday morning before we went for our scan. Gave a proper big couple of kicks. Trying to getting Daddy to have a feel regularly but baby like splaying games and hiding from Daddy. xx