Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

20 week scan and bih head?

(Should say big!)

I am worrying myself silly at the moment.

My 20 week scan was all fine but the sonographer did mention at the beginning 'oh what a big head'.

The HC measurement is 176 which seems fairly average but the scan picture shows the baby to have a very large forehead.

Nothing was said again at the scan but I keep looking at the scan picture and it is very big and I am really worrying.

Any advice?

Everything I google mentions the HC measurement being large but mine is not, its just the look of the head, in several different positions and pictures.

Thanks. xx

Replies

• Options
    But that means that baby is going to be brainy! image I have a mahusive forehead/head (hats never ever fit me). I wouldn't worry if they're not! image

xxx
  • Options
    Sophias head is massive! She is on the 9th centile for height and weight and the 75 for HC! They say that they don't even take it into consideration! I asked them to measure her head recently and they said 'no we don't do that'! I wouldn't worry hun xxx