Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Afternoon Naps at work?

Is it wrong to take an afternoon nap at your desk at work? :lol: We don't have anything like a sick room but I could do with an hour power nap to take the edge off. Work is manic at the moment. I was in at 7am this morning and won't be getting home till about 9pm tonight because of a conference that is taking place. Then I'm back in again tomorrow at 7am for the next day of the conference. Do you think it's a bad thing to have a nap? Tempted to find a meeting room and snooze image xx

Replies

• Go ahead if you can haha, I'm not doing very much today, which is very bad, but I will make it up tomorrow image
  • I would be if I had a day that long. i have an office to myself practically (I have an office mate but he rarely comes in, preferring to work fro home) so have been known to have little power nap.
  • G/C from DIS but when I was carrying DD I was given access to the boardroom with the 'meeting in progress, do not disturb' sign posted on the door, it was bliss with air con and no disruptions whilst napping (I did have to share with 2 others who were pregnant but as we were all in there for same purpose it wasn't a problem.
  • Oh my gosh that board room snooze-a-thon sounds wonderful!!! I keep wanting a doze at lunch and find my eyes drooping at the lunch tables in the kitchen. The girls at work think it's hilarious!!! xxx
  • I so wish I could do this!
  • G/C but I believe that companies have to give you a place to rest during pregnancy. I know it's policy where I work. would def ask for somewhere to rest especially if you have to work long hours.
  • Have you thought about popping to your car for 40winks? I did this on Friday as had a long drive in the evening and it worked a treat - less embarrassing aswell as if you park well no-one can see you (obviously you have to have a car to do this so appologies if you don't) x
  • Would love to pop to my car but unfortunately I work in Canary Wharf so get the tube to and from work. every now and then I book a meeting room for the afternoon to have some quiet time to get on with work and the thought of having a quick power nap is always there but I think I would be mortified if someone walked in on my snooze!!