Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nursery Furniture

Hi girls

I am very pleased because I just got a solid pine 3 door wardobe from ebay for the nursery which will go beautifully with the cot and chest of drawes/dresser we are getting from John Lewis next month image The wardrobe is full size so we won't have to replace it when the baby gets bigger.

We have also got a really cute 'jungle' themed bumper for the cot from Mothercare in the sale (we are going for a jungle theme) so beginning to get a few bits.

Has anyone else got their nursery furniture or know what they are getting yet?

xx

Replies

• Yep! We've ordered the Madison ivory furniture from Mamas and Papas which is arriving next Saturday, can't wait!

Also ordered the gingerbread range from Mamas and Papas, I love the bright colours!

• I feel behind becuase I haven't ordered anything big yet. Got all little bits and bobs as we've gone along but not even thought about ordering the big stuff yet. Am I behind? Now worried I should get ordering online :?
  • i havent got any nursery furniture yet well apart from crib and mosses basket. but yet again i dont have a nursery yet image waiting on a bigger house and we wont get that till baby is born image but i know i want to go for a winnie the pooh theme for my little man image
  • oo I'm not buying any furniture until after we move back to Bristol, which won't be until 34-36 weeks! We rent though, so have less of an inclination to create a full on nursery with decorating. She'll also be in with us in a bedside cot for a few months anyway I think!
  • I need to sell my little girls wardrobe and buy some bigger stuff for the babies to share! Hubby doesn't want me to sell the baby wardrobe though grrrr but I always get my own way and it's pointless keeping it even though it's gorgeous and was expensive! Ooops! xxx
  • Hi ladies gate crashing from DID although was in here before but got put back.

My OH is making our LO's wardrobe and dressing unit as he is a carpenter and he wants to make some thing exactly the way he pictures it.

Can't wait for him to start so I can see it properly rather than a drawing haha.

xx