Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Braxton Hicks!?

Hi ladies just wondered if an of you have felt braxton hicks yet?I thought it would be too early but im sure i have been getting them the past week..i've starting noticing these tightenings in my tummy and i dont know what else it would be other than braxton hicks?Can u actually get them this early,this is my 2nd pregnancy x

Replies

• I have! Apparently they can start to happen very early, but most don't feel them until later. I'm assuming this is because early on the uterus is too deeply in the pelvis for the tightenings to be felt. I get at least one most days, that I notice. I've been getting them for a couple of weeks I think.
  • hi

i think i have them too.i am 26 weeks with my 3rd pregnancy. i get quite painful ones, midwife said its not unusual though in 2nd or more pregnancys x
  • Ahh right thats good t read to know then,i did search it online & read that in 2nd+ pregnancies you get them sooner.I did get them with dd but not untill right near the end.I've been gettin them everyday lately too..hmm exciting as makes me think im getting closer i cant wait roll on November!xxx
  • Me too! Well at least I presumed that's what they were - they felt like really tight period pains that stuck around for around a minute then went away again....

xxx