Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

"heavy" feeling bump

Does anyone else have this? I felt it for the first time today, it's quite uncomfortable. The bottom part of my bump (more the flat bit right near the base) feels really heavy and uncomfortable. I'm wondering if it's normal or if I'm becoming a proper fatty an need some new trousers!! :lol:

Replies

• Could just be something to do with the way the baby is lying,get your midwife to check at the next appointment that is what I am planning to do as think baby is breach got told he was on the 20 week scan and feeling the kicks really low down.
  • hi

i have this especially if i have been on my feet a while or generally over doing it.

Have a lie down whenever you can snatch 5 mins here and there x
  • Hi,

Im getting this and Braxton Hicks too! Rang midwife today to check as I'm in London at weekend for my hen do and it seems to come on when I've been on my feet a lot too. She said because I'm little, 5ft, I will feel it more as baby moves around. It is a such a weird sensation and I often half expect the head to appear!! :lol: Does anyone get the sensation that they need to wee urgently too when you get the heavy feeling? My little one certainly knows how to boot a bladder to gets his mum's attention....

Emx

24 weeks tomorrow
  • Hi Chrissy,

Yes,the bladder as a trampoline activity isn't pleasant, he also moves up under my ribs and kicks but must stretch out as I get a wallop low down at same time image its a lovely thing to feel our little babies but Im getting married in 3 weeks and hoping I won't have to need a toilet sprint mid ceremony! xx
  • Hi Chrissy,

Yes,the bladder as a trampoline activity isn't pleasant, he also moves up under my ribs and kicks but must stretch out as I get a wallop low down at same time image its a lovely thing to feel our little babies but Im getting married in 3 weeks and hoping I won't have to need a toilet sprint mid ceremony! xx
  • i get the bladder thing too! sometimes as well the kicks are almost 'underneath' me if you know what i mean! she still feels really low down and i feel like standing on my head and shaking baby up my body!
  • I think it's because the baby has moved. At the last scan baby was breech and I was getting a lot more kicks lower down. Now I'm getting kicks higher up and wriggles further down so think it might be baby's head pushing on my bladder and feeling more "full". I'm sure I'll find out at the mw appointment on Friday for them to tell me I'm completely wrong!! :lol: