Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how hot is it?!?!?!

Thought I was going to turn into a puddle on the tube this morning!! I changed outfits four tiems before I left home because I just couldn't get comfortable. Just nipped down to boots and bought myself an electronic hand fan! Said to hubby when we do this again I'm being pregnant over Winter! :lol:

Replies

• I felt like that last week, hubby went out and bought a fan for our bedroom (at about midnight) as I was getting absolutely no sleep, it's much cooler here now only 23 degrees :lol: . I really must finish making my second dress tonight at the minute I'm washing this one every night.
  • I wish I could make my own clothes, would make life so much cheaper! I've just bought anohter dress for work from Dorothy Perkins but it was reduced to ??13.50 so don't feel as bad. I'm wearing a strapless maxi dress today because I couldn't find anything that didn't make me feel restricted! I hardly ever wear resses to work but I put my maternity trousers on an nearly had a hissy fit at how uncomfortable I was. Would it be wrong to just have ice lollies an ice cream for food in this weather?image
  • That's a bargainous dress. I hadn't made any clothes in years until I got fed up of trying on maternity dresses that were too long, or too low cut for any bras I own etc. At that point I decided to get the sewing machine out so at least it'd fit. i did then go and buy myself a new pair of sharp dressmaking scissors and a few odds and ends so getting everything before I made the first wasn't that cheap. The fabric and thread only cost about ??10 though, so I'm claiming it's a cheap dress. I do now have plans of making a snowsuit for bubs after spotting some nice fabric. That's all been put on hold until after we've moved now though. Maybe I should order the pattern so I can get on with it when I can (It seems very wrong discussing a snow suit when I'm struggling to stay cool).

I had trousers on yesterday and felt like going home early all day just so I could strip off. I've decided it's just not worth it.

Living on ice lollies and ice cream sounds like a plan, the freezer in the shop under the tower block I work in had broken last week. I ended up getting all hot and sweaty walking across town just to get an ice cream. It's clearly the only way to go though.

I have been putting a bottle of water in the freezer every night
  • I fill up my water bottle every night and put it in the firge for the journey to work and then keep filling up throughout the day.

Trousers are a complete no go, I wanted to rip them off this mornign and I only had them on for 5 minutes!!

Making your own clothes is such a good skill to have. You could have a nice little earner set up there! I refuse to pay too much for maternity clothes but saying that I bought a black dress from Next the other day for ??30 and a top for ??20 and then just order that other dress from Dorothy perkins. I just need to wear dresses for work, the tube is so uncomfortable. I recommend buying a hand fan. Bought it fro boots for ??5 and it came with batteries.

I'm off to meet my sister this afternoon and we've decided to meet at the ice cream shop! :lol:
  • sounds like a great place to meet.

We're off to view a flat/house (I can't remember which) this afternoon, it had occurred to me on the way home I have to walk past two ice cream parlours and an ice cream van that has scoop ice cream not the whippy stuff. image

I might take you up on that recommendation, I walk past a boots on the way to the subway (which is thankfully cool, since it never goes above ground its a bit like a cave the same temperature all year round)
  • It's buy the travel accessories part and has a light on it as well. I'm assuming for the aeroplane not for having a rave up! I just had a lovely lemon cheesecake and some ice cold water.....roll on 2.15 for the ice cream!!

Good luck with the flat/house viewing, I would say you need to get an ice lolly/ice cream on the way there and another one on the way back. It's only fair! image
  • :lol: I like your thinking
  • I know how u feel ladies,i was in a vile mood yesterday as i was just soo hot!Plus i had a headache most of the day from the heat,even though i was drinking water all day ended up taking a paracetmol in the evening as it was so bad!I really cant cope being pregnant in this heat,im so glad its cooled down today!xxx