Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lower back pain

Hi Ladies, This is my second pregnancy and recently I have had really bad lower back pain especially when walking, crossing my legs, bending etc. It seems to be getting worse don't know if it is the position of the baby or just the extra weight? I am 24 weeks pregnant and I didn't feel like this till right at the end of my last pregnancy? Got midwife appt on Wed to check it out. Has anyone experienced this?

Replies

• Options
    yes I have it but think because I sit at work all day it doesnt help but when I am standing I get it.....must be the extra weight and relaxed bones and muscles - my birthday ball helps though! oops that should say birthing lol!

x :lol:
  • Options
    I at work all day too, and do alot of travelling, just thought I would ask as I was lucky last time and didn't feel like this till right at the end. Might try my birthday ball lol image
  • Options
    I've also been getting lower back pain,its usually in the mornings so i've had to start using my body pillow and it really does help..only thing is its quite big & someimes i wake up and its on the floor :lol: . I also can get pain when sat down too i have to change position alot,im the same as you i didnt really suffer with back ache untill nearer the end with my 1st pregnancy as i remember i couldnt even sit it the car for too long driving so i didnt drive in the last few months.I think maybe where everythings more stretched already this time with it being our 2nd pregnancys could be the cause of us getting it earlier xx
  • Options
    Yep, I've been getting a LOT of back pain image Mind you, I had back pain before pregnancy anyway, so it was never going to be a smooth ride on that front xxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, went to the midwife today and she said it sounds like a sciatic nerve problem and that I can be referred for physio if it gets any worse.