Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Midwife today

Hi ladies had midwife today and baby is measuring bigger than he should be,im 25+4 & measuring at 28!The mw said not to worry as this can happen sometimes and he may be measuring normal at nxt appt.I cant help but think she's just saying that to make me feel better as im convinced he's going to be big and im getting worried image she said at nxt appt she's going to see what im measuring and maybe do a test for diabetes if he's still measuring big as she said this could be the cause of me having big babies,and may get them to scan me earlier so im now worrying about that too!Im the type of person that worrys over everything anyway,im just feeling really anxious as i've got to have another scan in oct when im 34 weeks (a growth scan) and they said if baby looks like he's going to be alot bigger than my dd who was 8lb.10 (she was 10 days over due tho too) then they might suggest a c-section..or induce me early.I keep thinking to myself if he's measuring big now then im definetly going to have to have a c-section and the thought really scares me!I would rather they just induce me early,sorry for going on ladies just thought i would post on here as oh doesnt really know what to say and you ladies prob understand more!Do you think im worryin too much?xx

Replies

• Right, first of all - breathe! image I'm measuring small and I'm trying not to worry about it. I'm glad that the midwife is on the case for you. Just try and go with the flow and see what happens. After all, it's out of our control and it's all in baby's best interests xxx
  • Thanks hun,i know i should try not to worry as he's going to grow no matter what and aslong as he's born safely im happy!Its just the having to wait to find out how i'll be having him thats making me anxious image ah well,not much longer now..maybe i'll know more at my nxt mw appt in 3 wks!Hopefully you'll be measuring normal at ur nxt appt..i do feel a lil reasured after speaking to me friend who had the same happen to her at one of her mw appts,baby was measuring way too big and then at the nxt appt he was normal..xxx
  • hope the midwife can tell you more in 3 weeks, and he goes back to a average measurements.

I couldn't tell you if I'm measuring small big or average, I was at the midwifes yesterday and I've not been measured.
  • Thanks for you're reply ladies image its nice to have a bit of reasurance from somewhere!Like you say they are keeping an eye on me so thats good,will just have to wait and see what happens..i just want my lil man here now roll on November!xx
  • Gatecrashing from DIS.

I have been measuring 4 weeks ahead since 25 weeks. They don't seem to concerned about it at all. You may be asked to have a GTT at your next appointment if you are still measuring big. You would also then be booked for a growth scan. I am being induced due to gestational diabetes which has contributed to the size of baby
  • Oright torch!I am already booked for a growth scan due to complications at the birth of my dd due to her size so there being extra cautious this time round which is good,just not sure whether im going to be induced early or have a c-section,how early do they do this or does it depend?Good luck with you're induction image