Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

good buy for hospital bag!

hi ladies,

I know it might seem very early but I thought I'd share a recent purchase... some may or may not know that its recommended to get dark nightshirt or pj's for the hospital,as pale colours don't hide any blood stains etc. (sorry for being blunt but most sanitary towels just dont cope) I had found a black nightshirt in M&S which buttons down the front - essential for those who plan to breastfeed- and had planned to get that nearer the time. however today I found a black dotty nightshirt with buttons in primark for ??4.50! its ideal - and at that price you dont care how wrecked it gets...

So I got two in the biggest size they had and put them away for nearer the time. Our local store didn't have that many so I thought I'd get them now just in case.

does anyone else have any tips or recommendations...?

Replies

• Good bargain love reading about all bargains everyones getting x
  • I bought two nightshirts from primark when i had my dd and u cant go wrong for the price!Like you say you're probably not going to where them afterwards and if they get ruined it doesnt matter,i think i also bought some huge knickers from there too lol..and i intend to do the same this time,dont see the point in spending lots of money on things like that that are going to get thrown away afterwards!xx
  • that sounds like a great bargain, I'll have to have a look when I get round to sorting stuff like that out.
  • Matalan and Peacocks are also good for cheap nighties and knickers, especially when they have a sale on! x
  • Ooh, on the subject of knickers... does anyone know where you can get cheap big knickers?? I'm a size 14 in maternity clothes but in normal pants I'm wearing size 20 and struggling to find anything bigger in the cheaper brands/packs. Would rather not have to pay out for the maternity pants as they seem so expensive...

And I've just seen that morrisons have a baby event starting about now for a couple of weeks, very reasonable for nappies and for anyone looking for bottles & breast pump it looks like a good deal too. image
  • ohh good tip.. i was going to raid primarni again for cheap nightshirts/knickers and maybe some yoga pants (i recently bought a pair and i've been living in them they're SO soft and ideal for fitting under bump)..
  • ooh I will take a look in primarni as well.....been thinking about stuff that is needed for the hospital bag

• i got two jersey type slip nighties for ??6 from Primarni.. will keep me nice and cool and cheap enough to throw away!