Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

blood at 29 weeks

Hi girls hope you can help me please. I went to the loo about half an hour ago and when I wipe there was a spot of bright red blood. I say spot because it looked exactly like if you dabbed a bleeding spot. I wiped again and there wasn't anything, been to the toilet again 5 mins ago (slightly paranoid) and there still isn't anything. I haven't got any pain and baby is still wriggling around and moving. I experienced my first braxton hicks yesterday so don't know if that has had any effect. I've not had any bleeding what so ever during this pregnancy and trying to stay calm. Anyone else experienced this or any advice? Should I be worried? I'm at work so would take me about an hour to get home/ see a midwife

Replies

• Options
    Doesn't sound like anything to worry about, especially as it was such a small amount - but I can totally empathise, I'd be worried too. Perhaps phone your midwife and mention it to her? See what she says? Apart from that, I really wouldn't worry. Probably baby/Braxton Hicks shaking loose something xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I rang the midwife and she said to go in to see them at the hospital to be checked out. They did a urine sample, listened to the heartbeat and then hocked me up to a monitor for 20 minutes to track the heart beat and movements. All's good and no explanations as to what is was but nothing to worry about. They said if it happens again to go straight back xx
  • Options
    Glad you got it all checked out and it was nothing to worry about. Better to be safe than sorry x