Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it too late to start exercise?

Hi ladies,just wondered if its a good idea or not for me to start doing excerise now?Im 28 weeks,just thought it might help in preperation for the labour etc.I did do a little before i got preg and carried on for a bit when i found out i was expecting again but then i just went through a phase of feeling so tired come the end of the day what with having a toddler aswell that i didnt carry it on!Have any of you any suggestions on anything i could start doing now thats not too strenuous?Tia xx

Replies

• are you thinking Gym or pilates type exercise?

My gym membership has just finished but i was doing zumba/cross trainer/swimming or speed walking.

The advice from Drs and Sports practitioners is don't take up anything new or start a regime your body isn't already used to.. but if you're thinking of pregnancy pilates there is a 3rd trimester pregnancy pilates for beginners DVD i've seen ...
  • No wasnt thinking of starting the gym,just doing some kind of excerise.That sounds quite good,do you know what the dvd is called?x
  • I think swimming is fine to do x
  • Swimming is meant to be really beneficial....I don't do it though, because I can't! :lol:

Ellie xx
  • ohh sorry.. yes the DVD is this one..

Pilates For Pregnancy - The Third Trimester

http://www.pregalates.com/