Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had enough now....

I've honestly had enough of work now. Do you ever feel like people take the mick? I'm in agony most days getting to work and then when I get here I'm running around the office. My work load seems to be getting heavier and now I'm also chasing people to get their work done. I could quite easily cry at my desk today. I've got another 4 weeks of this crap :cry:

Replies

• ((hugs)) Thankfully the people I work with are great, but getting to work is getting harder and harder. I hope the people you work with realise they're being unreasonable and the next four weeks aren't all as bad.

I can sympathise with just wanting done now I've still got till the end of October so just under 5 weeks to go till I leave work
  • I'm such a moaning whinge bag aren't I? lol I supose I should be thankful that I'm not ill or in hospital but I just want to relax now. hubby is doing his nut saying I shouldn't be pleasing everyone and just taking time to relax but it's hard. I'm suposed to be seeing my sister tomorrow and if I don't the I wont see her for two weeks. Next Wed I'm round my cousins because it's her daughters birthday which I can't miss. Think I might tell everyone to do one after that!

Bless one guy on my team, he looked genuinely concerned that I didn't look too happy today and asked if I was alright and if there was anyway I could give work to other people. Easier said than done though isn't it? People don't want to take on more work.

I need to start a little Mantra I think. Only 23 days to go, only 23 days to go, only 23 days to go
  • My hubby is quite confused in his thinking, he wants me resting, but also thinks we should make the most of pre-baby time (and money) to meet up with friends for dinner and the like, so keeps suggesting we go out of an evening.

Maybe the guy at your work will get the message out and people will offer to help out, it's not easy giving other people more work and letting go of it, but if they offer it would be easier. I'll keep everything crossed they do.

Can get that number below 23, does that include weekends?

If I discount the afternoons holidays I've got for ante-natal classes (the next four tuesday afternoons), time off for midwife appointments and weekends I can get the next month down to 20 days (counting 8 mornings as 4 days). Sadly I might end up back in the office after midwife appointments so its a bit more than that really, well unless they keep me waiting ages like the last few occasions. I guess I should really come back after the ante-natal classes too as I'd be back by 3.30 but as I'm taking holiday for the afternoon I'm very tempted to just go home. I'll see how I feel when they start next week.
  • 23 days is now 22 days. It's the days I'm officially in work until my maternity leave starts. Everything is now ready at home, just need to sort out my hospital bag (need to go shopping to buy the last few bits).

Work I'm managing to clear stuff gradually. Got a meeting this morning with HR regarding handing some stuff over to other people. I'm not saying I want to come inot the office and do nothing but it would be nice to not be as stressed!. this morning on the train I honestly started thinking if we could afford me going on mat leave two weeks earlier but then I can't really because of the temp starting and me training her. Roll on 5pm!!

I can understand your hubby's logic because I think the same about trying to see everyone before baby comes but I'm just too tired most of the time! I've told hubby that as of the 2nd Oct (he's at a head wetting 1st) he's not allowed to drink anymore incase anything happens and he needs to drive to the hospital!! :lol:
  • less stress will definitely be good. I think I'm coming to the realisation that I'm just not going to get everything I want done and have to prioritise what should be done first. If I don't do it though I'm not sure who will, but that's not my problem I guess.

I keep wondering about taking leave earlier, but given I have no job to come back to we really need all the money we can get. I'm usually feeling exhausted by the time I get into the office and that's even with my new shorter commute. I'm beginning to think about driving in to see if that helps, it would mean less walking to get to the office it'd cost an extra ??3 a day though money it annoys me to spend it when I feel that I should be able to keep going.

If they hadn't messed up my ante-natal classes I could use my holiday to have every Wednesday off or something to split the week, but as I've had to take classes in the afternoon I don't have enough days left to start doing that now.

My hubs keeps telling me he's already on a self enforced drinking ban, but there are odd evenings where he's asked if I mind if he has just the one pint/bottle. I've told him he can keep having bits at least until I get to 35 weeks so he can have a drink on his birthday, and clearly while he's away he can drink what he likes other than he's down there for an interview, so getting completely drunk might not be a good plan.

Right I'm off to write a to do list for today, I'm half asleep and keep forgetting what I'm doing half way through a task today, it really isn't helping.
  • hahahaha, Hubby has a few days off of the drinking ban because of his birthday and an away day. But other than that the ban is starting just before 35 weeks.

I would definately do the drive, sod the extra ??3 and sod being able to keep going. Think how much better you will feel at the end of the day when you're knackered knowing you can get in your car. I hate that when I'm ready to go home I've got another hour and a half before I can plonk my bum on the sofa.

I've managed to offload two events orgnaisation today which has made me happy. Still pushing for them to start my temp on the system but they seem to think 10th October is ages away! I'm using my lunch break very productively by looking online at birth announcement cards and making a list of who at work I need to email to update them on the birth!! Can you tell I'm not in the right frame of mind today?

Not long until I go into Hermit mode which I'm really looking forward to. Just being holed up in the flat doing nothing if I don't want to. I cannot wait!! :lol:
  • The other problem with driving is having to find somewhere to park when I get home, we live next to a hospital (sadly without a maternity unit or a&e) so we get lots of people parking round by us, there have been occasions I end up parked further away than the station, it would save the hill at this end though.

Sounds like your lunch break was as productive as mine, I was trying to make a shopping list for boots. I think I can get most of the bits I still need for my hospital bag there and am tempted to stop as I pass on my way to the office tomorrow. If I can muster the energy I might get to the outdoor shop round the corner too as they have ice grips in again. I don't really want to be slipping and sliding everywhere if we get bad weather this winter and last winter they were sold out almost as soon as they got them in. I was going to actually go to boots in my lunch break (it's a 5 minute walk) but I couldn't be bothered.

Hermit mode sounds great to me, hubs is worried about me getting isolated if I do that and wants me to meet him in the cafe near our flat for lunch, or if I'm feeling up to it the cafe/bar/restaurant a bit further afield for coffee in the afternoon (better coffee, divine hot chocolate and great cake), but I've told him we'll see when the time comes. My only plan is to stay in bed till lunch time regardless of if I'm asleep or not. Sadly I have a feeling I'll still be getting bits ready for our little man's arrival though so I might have to be a bit less lazy than I'd like.
  • I need to get to Primark to get some cheap knickers/towel and jogging bottoms to come home in but Romford centre is manic most dys so I have to go on a day when I'm working from home and nip in and out really quick. I can't deal with too many people, I'll end up having a paddy.

That's a pity about parking. CAn you not put a sign on your front wall saying keep clear disabled parking? you can normally get the signs made up that look like reg plates quite cheap.

The coffee shop sounds a lovely idea but I completely understand when you say nearer the time. I quite like my own company and don't think I'll feel isolated. I'm looking forward to having some time on my own just me to do nothing if I want.

It;s such an effort to walk to the shops isnt it? I've now given up the fight of carrying on as normal and walking like an old woman (probably would get overtaken by an old woman the speed I walk) and not walking too far unless I know there's a loo on the way.

Not even thought about ice grips. we've got main roads all the way to the hospital which is great but the car park to our block of flats is at the bottom of a slope and last year hubby had to leave his car there during the snow and walk to a friends house to get a lift to work.

I've actually had a very productive day at work today. Tiredness must be good for me!! hahaha I've cleared so much work that I know the next few days will be quite relaxing. My boss is travlling tomorrow and Friday morning I have a midwife appointment
  • Sounds like a productive day, hope the next few days live up to their billing, enjoy them.

That's the reason I like shopping during the day I work in the centre of Glasgow, at the weekend it's packed so if I can go in the week it's much much nicer, and yep I've given up walking normally. The lift from the station platforms been broken this last week and I've heard the people behind me on the stairs muttering about me being so slow, but they can go round me if they want I'm not killing myself for them.

It'd be nice to put a sign outside the flat, but it'd never work, even double yellow lines have very little effect. It's not helped by being an area of traditional tenement flats each front door has 8 flats behind it. The area is lovely, but it is very heavily populated.

I'm not too worried about feeling isolated either, I'm quite happy with my own company. There's been many a day i'd love to just sit and stitch or do absolutely nothing. My OH is very much an outdoor-sy sporty kind of person who can't cope if he's cooped up indoors too long. He was even up early this morning to go for a run as now the students are back he's lecturing all day and he doesn't get out at lunch time. (One of his lecture courses has been compressed into the first few weeks of term, so he's spending lots of hours doing it now, but come mid November that course'll be done and his load will be much lighter)