Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breech baby - might not get a chance for VBAC....

Hoya ladies,

How are we all feeling? Days and weeks just flying by now!!

I saw the consultant yesterday and all was looking good for trying for a vbac until thru checked baby's position and it's breech and back to back - which means after emergency section last time, they won't risk me going natural unless baby turns. :?

So I have two weeks to encourage baby to turn naturally or I'll be booked in for an elective section. I'm cleaning the floors etc but any other advice would be very much appreciated... There's a lot of old wives tales but I'd be willing to try most things....

How's everyone else doing??

xx

Replies

• Options
    G/C from DID but floating between here and there, lol. I have heard that placing something ice cold (frozen peas?) on top of your bump encourages baby to move as they turn away from the cold. Dont know how tru it is, but anything is worth a shot! image
  • Options
    I've heard bouncing an a gym/birth ball is meant to help, lying to lie on your left and trying to spend time leaning forward and not backward.

Hope something works and your little one turns for you.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

I've been trying down on all 4s. Floors are are well scrubbed....

Hadn't heard about the frozen peas, worth a try!

Fingers crossed I can get it turned....

xx