Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Raspberry Leaf Tea

Please remind me girls when we are suposed to start drinking this? I bought mine the other day and don't want to start too early! image

Replies

• I keep meaning to get some of this...Is it too late at 35 weeks?? I'm completely forgetful nowadays image

Ellie xx
  • If it is Ellie I'm too late. I'm thinking of starting this weekend x
  • Hi ladies,what does Raspberry Leaf tea do?x
  • Apparently it helps tone the uterus so it can help the pushing stage. I started today; I like it! I'm a bit of a herbal tea drinker anyway though.
  • Hello ladies,

Don't think it's too late to start at any time!

I'm a bit confused with the advise I was given right enough - last time round I was told to we could start from 32 weeks and build up but this time the midwife said not to start til 37 wks and then have as much as I like each day!

It's also good for after the baby is born to get your uterus contracting back to the right size, although it can be quite uncomfortable (but I'd had a c section last time so a lot of things were uncomfortable!!)

Think you can get raspberry leaf tablets instead of the tea.... image

Also has anyone else tried clary sage oil? It's for the very late stages and is a way of relaxing everything ready for labour. I haven't got any yet as not sure if we'll be having a planned c section yet. :roll:
  • Oh right,thanks ladies image . I too may be having a planned c-section have my growth scan tues when i'll find out so will wait untill then before i start taking anything i think.xx