Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Fat feet!!

Pointless post but my feet have become HUGE!! It's threatening to rain round here and I'm having to live in flip flop/sandals. You can normally see the outline of the bones in my feet but you have no chance anymore!!! Home for a soak in the tub and feet up :lol:

Replies

• :lol: get those feet up pudding!! My feet are swelling too, it's funny!! When I can finally see them over my huge bump I don't recognise them, whether it's because I've not seen them in so long or whether it's because they're massive I don't know :lol:

Ellie xx
  • :lol: Ellie.

One of the other benefits of the elastic shoe laces I got other than not having to tie them is they just stretch as my feet swell during the day. My fingers are at it too, my wedding ring fits first thing in the morning but by lunch time it's getting very tight.
  • Mine are massive! I have very long narrow feet and they've totally changed shape. I think it's partly all the muscles relaxing so they spread out more, but there's certainly some swelling too. I've managed to avoid the cankles so far though, touch wood!
  • Got home last night and hubby asked where my ankles and feet haad disappeared to!!! ahahhahaha

Working from home today so the feet are staying up!
  • Luckily I've managed to avoid the swollen feet/hands - only when it was really hot or if I've been walking out all day do they swell a bit!

Mind you, I've not been so lucky on the stretch mark front. I'm covered in them!!! image
  • Swings and roundabouts eh? I thought I had escaped stretch marks until I saw red on the top of old stretch marks. They are starting to work their way up! :lol:
  • It's so mad how we are all getting the same thing at the same time! My little size 3 feet are like piggy trotters now and I'm just wearing birkenstocks all the time..even when raining and chilly! Also getting pins and needles in fingers and achey wrists (especially on waking)..anyone else getting this??

Em xx
  • Ok so fat feet no longer cover what is happening to me. It's now 13:20 and my feet have swollen so much you can no longer make out my ankle bones. Is it normal to swell this much so early in the day? Fair enough I travel into work by a bus and two tubes and I'm not sat at my desk all day but keeping walking to a slow pace/short distances and only if necessary. Got my next midwife app on Friday. No where else is swelling (fingers very slightly - had to take my rings off. Can get them on but it becomes uncomfortable)