Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Growth scan today

Hi ladies,had my growth scan today and baby is measuring normal which is a relief.However i am booked for an induction on 14th Nov if i havent had him before to give me a better chance of having him naturally as they said the only way to avoid shoulder dyctosia completely would be a c-section but i would rather try and avoid that and they seem happy with his growth at the mo,so im quite excited as means iv only got 5 weeks left image cant wait to meet my little man,hope you're all well x

Replies

• Glad baby's in the normal range! Did you have the shoulder problem last time then? My bubs is measuring normal but is on the large end, and the new midwife kept saying how big she was when measuring my bump and feeling around. Hope she's not THAT big!
  • Fab news! And good to know you have an 'ultimate' date in the diary, as t'were! x
  • Thanks ladies,i do feel alot more at ease now image scary to think its just over 4 weeks to go max,it doesnt seem real!Yeh squeezedd dd got stuck and had to have a forceps delivery so im really hoping to avoid that this time image . Im sure you'l be fine squeezedd,they said to me that dd wasnt partically a 'big' baby she was the bigger end of average (8lb.10oz)but i think it was the fact she was too big for me as im only small. Did you say you were having a growth scan too redhead85uk?x
  • great news, nice to have an ultimate date too x
  • Really glad all's well with your LO and it must be exciting to know the exact date of his arrival!

I saw a my 3rd new midwife (!) this week and, after having a growth scan due to the femurs measuring behind at 30 weeks, when they measured my bump its now at 37 weeks not 35 weeks and I'm 3/5 engaged already. Having next growth scan on Oct 24 and will see the consultant. I have a very little torso and im 5ft and getting lots of pressure and pain so will be good to know what kind od delivery im having.

Good luck to anyone else having a late growth scan...xx
  • Thanks ladies image aw good luck to you writer73,atleast there scanning you again and that way can help plan the best care for you!So you have the birth thats best for you and baby,its so exciting!x