Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Raspberry leaf tea..help!

Hi ladies,have any of you started taking RLT?I did post in pregnancy asking about when you can start taking it & what peoples opinions are of it..overall most people seem to think its good so dont see the harm in trying it?Went and bought the tea bags yday however im now worried about whether i can still drink it because im booked for an induction at 39 weeks?What do you think?I tried getting hold of my mw today but had no joy..typical!I want to start drinking it asap but now i dont know if i can & its annoying,im not due to see mw untill next thurs but that seems like ages to wait..i keep thinking what harm can it do even if i am booked in for induction and end up going in to be induced surely RLT can only be beneficial either way?Hope youre all well anyway ladies,xxx

Replies

• There seem to be all sorts of conflicting advice but I think eh latest I've seen is 36 weeks. I've still not bought any I intended to go down to holland and barratt in my lunch break this week, but we've had continual torrential rain so I've been less that inclined to leave the office.

I can't see why an induction would make a difference you still have to push your baby out and thats what it's meant to help with isn't it?
  • Thanks for replying hun,i know iv searched online and its so conflicting as people seem to say all sorts of things about when you can start taking it & another question i have is are all the teabags you can buy the same?As ive also read something about different dosages?Im so confused now!I just bought the box of teabags from holland & barratt and assumed they were all same..i think the same as what you said ive still got the push the baby out so dont see how could be harmfull whether i end up being induced or not?I think im just going to start drinking a cup a day and ill let the mw know nxt week and if she does say not to then ill stop!x
  • sounds like a plan.

I know the tablets come in two different dosages, but I wouldn't have thought the tea did surely it'd be like normal tea stronger if you brew it longer. I don't know though I finally got round to looking up where holland and barret was, (I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't think where) sadly it's at the far end of town (still easily walkable, I used to do it without thinking), I can see me not getting it till I go to debenhams to be measure for a nursing bra.
  • Hi, im gatecrashing, i took RLT tablets from 37 weeks with my last two pregnancys, it is not meant to bring on labour it helps tone your uterus in preperation for pushing, and helps in the later stages of labour. I found it worked really well as i have pushed for a a very short time in my last two labours. I took two a day from 37 weeks. xx
  • in that case maybe it's not too late for me
  • yeah go for it clalee, can't hurt can it! And you too greesh, I'm sure it can only help!

I've been having one tea a day for the past 10 days or so, and I think I might up it to 2 a day (when I remember) from tomorrow as I'll be 37 weeks (!!!!!!! full term!).
  • Thanks for the replys ladies image i had my first cup last night and another one today will up it to 2 cups next week i think then eventually 3!Itl either do nothing for me or hopfefully help....most comments ive read from ladies online have been really positive so i think its definetly worth a go!Is anyone else getting fed up now and just want to meet there babies,i feel like im just waiting now as i have everything ready,his rooms decorated clothes washed and put away and i find myself just counting everyday closer lol!And then every twinge i think oh no is that something..im terrible!Cant believe ive got this far and im now getting impatient,aslong as he stays in just over another week then im happy for him to arrive as ill be 'full term' even though i have a date booked for induction i would love to go into labour by myself as i was induced first time round with dd.xxx
  • If I'm out of the midwifes on time today I'll head down, they're open late tonight as it's thursday so hopefully I'll make it, that or I'll go tomorrow, I was going to work from home but my boss has just emailed me to say he's not in next week so tomorrow afternoon is the last time I'll see him before I leave. I kinda feel I should turn up to say goodbye.

Greesh - yep I just want to meet him now, I'm uncomfortable, I can't sleep and I'm dying to just give him a cuddle, Hubby is too every evening and every morning he ask's him if he's coming out to say hello soon. It's lovely that he's excited, but it's not helping my patience.

Good luck with going into labour naturally, I keep having dreams about being induced because he's stayed in there too long and I'd really rather not.