Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pains in groin area

I am 35 weeks pregnant on Friday and today whilst out shopping got stabbing pains in my groin that took my breath away only for a few seconds then went and came back. I scared myself by googling it and online said it could be a sign of early labour. Got my midwife appt tomorrow so will ask about it. Anyone experiencing or experienced this?

Replies

• yep I've had them for a few weeks, my midwife didn't seem concerned 2 weeks ago, but do mention it. Now I'm getting lots of pressure down there when ever I walk so I'll see what she says when I see her on Thursday, I'm hoping it means he's dropping, my lungs would like some space back. I hit 37 weeks on Monday so I'm happy for him to arrive any time from then.
  • Thanks Clalee, sounds like we are in the same boat. Not long now before we get to see our little lads image You thought of a name?
  • yep we have a name, though we've not told anynone. It does occasionaly get hard to hide it though as we're used to talking to him by name when it's just the two of us so we've nearly had a few slip ups around friends. How about you?
  • I've had a couple of pains every now and again, only ever fleeting, and haven't mentioned them. Basically I've decided to ignore every symptom of labour other than strong, regular contractions and total gushing of my waters. Otherwise I'm convinced I'll just be symptom spotting for England and will end up in the hospital 2 weeks too early!

My oh won't refer to ours by name as he said babies shouldn't be named until they're born, and that's despite the fact we've always known what her name will be and there was never any doubt! So weird. It does make it easier not to slip up though.
  • Ours will be named Noah Alexander image went to midwife today and she found protein in my urine so i could have a water infection she also mentioned this could be the reason for the pain in the groin area. I am 35 weeks on Friday and measuring a good 36 so he may come early.

I am no good at keeping secrets so I admire your willpower Clalee I def would have slipped up by now.

I know what you mean squeeze I am totally symptom spotting now sure he will arrive early.
  • My family are all of the opinion that noone other than the parents should know the babies name until they're born, so I guess thats where it's come from. Hubs family keep asking despite us telling them we're not telling them, so the stubborn streak in us means they definitely aren't finding out until he arrives now. Last time they asked hubs told them we're calling him marmaduke garibaldi arfter his childhood pets, they weren't impressed, but maybe they'll stop asking now. Though last week they asked when he's arriving so they can book a b&b half way between us for when they drive up to visit. Sometimes I wonder about them, they've had kids they know they don't come with a schedule.

squeezed - I'm slightly concerned about ss'ing for that reason, though my mum keeps asking about symptoms, mainly because she had pre-eclampsia with me and doesn't want that to happen to me, or at least if it does that it will be spotted early.

zanymum - I hope the infection clears up quickly for you. I love you name choice by the way.
  • this sounds like spd does it hurt to turn over in the bed from one side to another???spd is basically when the pressure gets so bad that the pelvis starts to split its not harmfull just really pain full i have it and have been putting up with it since 20 weeks it happend to me when i went on a walk as well just be very carefull how u move take it very slowly lying down and getting back up and getting in and out of the car defanitly say it to your mw
  • I saw the midwife yesterday, she's still unconcerned. As it's only when I walk not when I move in general she doesn't think it's SPD and the urine test came back clear so no infection. It's just one of those things. I was kinda hoping it mean he was getting lower and my lungs might get some space back, but no such luck he's head down but still not engaged at all. I'm back in two weeks "if he hasn't put in an appearance", I don't think she thought he would have though when she said it.