Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

being unduced????

im very excited but scared at the same time i was told the other day that the dr might be giving me a date to be induced on monday see i have a split pelvis and the pain of it is unreal cuz im so big and the pain is unbearable they are afraid to let me go naturally all im hearing is horror storys about being induced i had such an easy labour on my 1st that im terrified of being induced has any1 bein induced before or have any help???

Replies

• hi there.i've got 2 sons already and was induced with both of them, the first was 2 weeks overdue the second was 2 weeks early.the first birth was long was hard work but with my second it was a completely different story, very quick and a lot easier. the midwife said it was down to already having given birth and my body already "knowing what to do".

ive heard people say that being induced means the contractions are stronger but i have nothing to compare this to,i didnt think that it was that unbearable.

every person and every birth is completely different so (as hard as it is)try not to listen to carefully about the horror stories,in my opinion people are all too ready to put the frighteners on you and not nearly as forth coming with the happy stories! :roll:

hope you find this eases your mind a little,if theres anything specific you want to know then just ask. i'm sure all will be fine for you,good luck.x image
  • Hiya hun im booked to be induced in 3 weeks when i'll be 39 weeks,this is my 2nd pregnancy and i was also induced with my first.I was induced with my first at 41+3 and the induction itself wasnt bad however i had to have a forceps delivery but that was due to my dd having shoulder dyctosia (her shoulder got stuck during the birth) so that wasnt very nice but that wasnt anything to do with being induced,baby was just too big for me thats why im being induced again a week early this time to try and avoid the same thing happening!As for the induction,i went in at 9am had the first gel pessarie and they then have to wait 6 hours before they can give you another one thats if the first one hasnt done anything already..mine hadnt so at 3pm i had another 1 and then it was after that i started getting contractions which got more regular then at 10pm my waters broke went to labour ward had gas & air untill 4am then i asked for an epidural which i think then slowed my labour down as dd was born 10 hours later at 14.14pm the following day.Ive also heard some horror stories,like emilyb02uk said i think people like to tell these scare stories but i dont think it was that bad atall i definetly think the fact i had an epidural made the whole process longer...ive heard of women going in to be induced and having really straight forward quick labour & births so i wouldnt worry as everybodies different & as its youre second baby youre body has already been through labour & birth so you should be fine. image
  • Yes I agree with the other 2 posts I was induced with my first at 42 weeks the induction was very slow and I had to have two lots of pesseries and the drip to speed up contractions I also agree that the epidural slowed down labour my waters broke at 5am then contractions started I didn't give birth till 3am the next day I also had a forceps and shoulder disctoycha (spelling) my son was 10lb10 when born so I am also booked in to be induced again on Monday early at 38 weeks due to my worries and complecations I had but this was after the birth, I'm not getting my hopes up it will be quick but i'll try and aviod an epidural if I can. My hospital has now changed and gives something similar to a tampax that stays in for 24hrs to try and start labour so we'll see x