Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

In shock

Hello ladies!

I see a few familiar names around here.

I was in the Due in August group but when we got to our first scan we found our baby had died, I then lost it a week later - incredibly traumatic, ambulance to hospital, dangerously low blood pressure, fluids etc etc. I had decided, that after four losses, yes four, I had had enough. Mr P agreed. We then spent the next six weeks having fun, being young, going out (wine, pate and blue cheese again after a dry Xmas and New Year), going on hols, I started to get into shape again, we had lots of fun sex (no charting, no worrying about cds or hips in the air) but not bothering with contraception (yes I know!) etc etc.

I have been waiting on my period, I was told it might be a bit late after my miscarriage and as I have totally ignored my cycle I wasn't really tracking/thinking about it etc etc. Been having back aches and cramps the last week or so and my boobs have hurt but have just thought my period was about to come. I got out my old chart over breakfast this morning because I wanted to start charting again soon/as soon as I had a period and I worked out it's been over six weeks since my miscarriage. Mr P was adamant I must be pregnant, I scoffed and just put it down to his obsession with his virility/manliness.

Well he went to work and I decided to go and get myself a pregnancy test to a) prove him wrong and b) invoke sod's law (i.e. buy a pregnancy test, and your period will arrive, probably after you have used said test and it has said NOT PREGNANT). Got myself a Clear Blue Digi as they have always done me proud. Did a test with my fourth? Fifth? Sixth MU? Within a minute it came up Pregnant 3weeks +.

I just sat there for a second - all I could think was Bloody Hell, wasn't expecting that. I phoned Mr P who was typically smug at his rightness.

I am so shocked, I did nothing right this month, I drank booze, caffeine, didn't chart, no vitamins, didn't even think about a babies or pregnancy. I just lived my life and BAM here I am pregnant.

My EDD is on the cusp of the end of October/beginning of November, but more towards November (I have no idea because I haven't had a proper period and I have NO idea when I ovulated). I guess we'll have to wait for the scan to tell exactly when. I hope this post doesn't tempt fate but I have to share this with someone - it is just crazy, I am totally shocked.

I really hope I get to know you all better.

An absolutely stunned PP XXXX

Replies

• Thanks for sharing that with us. I just wanted to wish you many congratulations!

I hope that it all goes well for you.

Take care x
  • Hi pozzee_pod I recognise your name from TTC threads. Congratulations on your BFP, it just goes to show what an effect it has when you just forget about ttc! So sorry to hear about your loss hun that is very very sad. I really hope this is a sticky bean and wish you a H&H 9 months xx
  • Congrats to you too Sian! I am just going to throw myself into this - clearly being relaxed and going with the flow has got me this far hopefully it can get me the rest of the way.

xxx
  • Thanks 7banana7. Cool screen name!

xxx
  • That's amazing news, congratulations! I really hope things go well for you after the tough time you have had and am looking forward to seeing more of your updates as it looks like we are due at the same time!
  • Congratulations, PP! I am absolutely delighted for you. I was gutted for you when you

lost your last baby. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

Much love,

Nic (due in August) xx
  • Congrats lovely!! Here is to a sticky bean and a healthy 9 months! x x
  • Just saw this on the front page.. Fantastic news PP! Congratulations and best wishes for H and H pregnancy.

Tashua ( Due in Aug) xxxx
  • I was so happy to see your post. Glad you had a fab 6 weeks with Mr P image I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Lu ( due in Aug)
  • Hey hun, I remember you from before, I think I mc not long after you. Really pleased for you, wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months.

xx
  • Awww - all you ladies from DIA and others - I am just so touched by your good wishes. Good luck everyone with whatever stage we currently happen to be at.

Loads of love,

PPX
  • G/C From June, saw you were in Nov on the homepage- just wanted tp say congratulations and the best of luck!!! x
  • GC but just wanted to say a big congrats to you Pozee. I have been following some of your posts and am really pleased for you. I had a mc recently and this gives me hope. Wishing you a very H&h pregnancy xx
  • Oh PP, I remember you from due in July. I am so excited for you and keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you and a sticky bean.

Congratulations and BIG hugs

xxx
  • GC from august - so happy for you PP! I was really sad for you and was really hoping to see you pop up again.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months and it sounds like you are in a great place right now x x
  • Congrats again Pozzee image xxX
  • Oh my God! I have just seen this!! HUGE congrats Pozzee!

I have often thought of you and wondered how you guys were doing - I am SO happy for you image

Stay in touch - I'll keep an eye on DIN for your updates.

Lots of love

CeeLou (DIA)