Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hubby has tonsilitis! Can that affect the baby at alll?

The title says it all! Do I need to worry or am I ok?

Replies

• Options
    G/C bu I suffered with tonsillitis all the way through my first pregnancy and was never told it was harmful x
  • Options
    Ok, thanks! This is my first pregnancy so things like that worry me! I'm sure it will all be ok then!
  • Options
    Hi

The things to look out for are - people with Shingles if you have never had chickenpox before and obviously chicken pox. Measles, Slap Cheek (common in toddlers and young school kids)and any other notifiable disease. Then making sure you don't put yourself at risk of food posioning.

Stuff like the flu and other things you can't really do alot about I guess. I caught the norovirus when I was 4 weeks pregnant and didn't even know I was pregnant but it didn't cause our baby any harm and I went full term plus 2 weeks! If you are ever wonderied though call your midwife x
  • Options
    Thank you. I have had both chicken pox and shingles, so hopefully i'm ok. When I went to see the nurse last week, she told me that I shouldn't eat out at all until the baby is here in case I get food poisoning! I thought it was a bit extreme, but I don't fancy eating out anymore just in case!!
  • Options
    That's really extreme!!! And actually my friend had a dodgy prawn that was cooked for her at home and she was really sick but was fine. I ate out yesterday and just told the waitress that I was pregnant and she made sure that the meat was really cooked. As long as you don't go to a dodgy kebab shop or burger van I can't see what the problem would be x
  • Options
    Yeah, I think you're right! It's not like we eat out much anyway, but would be likely to a few times between now and November! I think I will just make sure things are cooked well and not go for things that could cause problems like prawns. A well done steak with chips would probably be ok!