Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A scary 24 hours!!!!!!!!

Well ladies I have just endured one of the worst 24 hours of my life!!!

I started bleeding at 6pm last night, red spotting at first and then heavy fresh red blood.... After 3 miscarriages I then convinced myself I was having my forth after seeing a lovely heartbeat on Friday.... I was deverstated. I took myself of to A+E they tested all my bloods and everything seemed fine.... Came home at midnight totally heartbroken and drained.

I called my caseworker at liverpools womens hospital this morning and she told me to come straight down, they examined me and said cervix was closed and was just old blood left, they then did a scan and I saw my little bubba again with an amazing heartbeat..... I was totally amazed I was prepared for the worst, I cried my eyes out.....

So I now measure 7+3 which is three days ahead of what I thought and again all looks perfect, she did find the bleed but said it is away from the pregnancy and small so shouldn't bother me anymore.

So I am still here, my little bean is a fighter!!!! I am now off work for two weeks to rest and relax until next scan on the 26th of march..... My bean is making me stressed already image

Replies

• OMG thats amazing!!!!! I saw your post this morning and replied, have actually been thinking of you all day believe it or not. Sooooo pleased everything is ok. What a roller coaster you have had. Take care and best wishes.

xx
  • Thanks Hun...... I'm drained right now!!!!
  • Brilliant news hun, make sure you rest up now and take the next 2 weeks easy.

Xxx
  • So so pleased all is fine with your baby, what fantastic news you must have been so relieved to see the heartbeat after such a stressful few hours. Try relax as much as you can, take care chick xxx
  • Oh my goodness! Poor you!!! I'm so glad everything is ok. I can't imagine what you must have been going through after having had 3 mc already. So glad it's all ok!
  • Oh my goodness what a horrible shock and experience for you. I am so sorry you had that happen. I am sooooooooo pleased it turned out ok and that your doctors were so supportive.

No wonder you feel drained and exhausted - take it easy and be kind to yourself.

I will carry you in my thoughts.

PP XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • That's the best news I have had today, so pleased for you and like the others have said, make sure you take it easy and look after that little bean!!
  • I nearly replied to your other post earlier to say that sometimes I think early scans can cause a bit

of bleeding but be fine and you shouldn't worry but I didn't want to get your hopes up!! Really really pleased all is ok, lots of rest xx
  • Oh hun what a nightmare! So glad that all is fine though and your baby has a nice strong heartbeat. take it easy xx
  • So glad to hear your little buba is in there, little monster worrying you like that! With my daughter I had a heavy bleed (bright red streaming out sorry tmi) at 11.5 weeks. After having had a previous mmc I assumed the worst but everything was fine. Bleeding carried on for about 5 weekes (spotting). Fc doesn't happen this time. Hope you little bean behaves from now on. Perhaps he/she just wanted to show off on tv (well scan scream) again! x x
  • I just saw your post come up on the miscarriage site and felt so gutted for you but then saw your further post and was so pleased! I hope that you are feeling alot better after your horrible ordeal and I am sending you lots of luck that things stay good for you. Bet you can't wait till the 26th March. Hope you enjoy your two weeks off and manage to relax x
  • Blimey! Take it easy Hun and rest up. I bet it was amazing to see the heartbeat again after the scare though x x
  • Hope your are feeling better today pet. Make the most of the 2 weeks off work, feet up and look after yourself xx
  • Phew! I was stressing just reading your post! Glad everything is ok image xx