Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not very hungry

Hi ladies, well I think I'm 4 weeks but don't really have much appetite! Anyone else found this? It's very unlike me!! I'm quite hungry first thing but then just eating as I feel I have to and all quite bland, boring food, just wondering if I'm not alone! image xx

Replies

• Hi hun,

I've been exactly the same (I'm about 6 +1) and like you eat because I feel I have too and because it helps to stop nausea setting in ( although thats only been very mild) and not because I actually want to - i haven't really fancied anything even things I usually love aren't that appealing.

Xxx
  • Hello,

I am nearly 7 weeks (don't know exactly) and since roughly 5 weeks I have had no appetite. I rarely manage a whole meal, let alone three meals a day. Sometimes it is accompanied by nausea/vomiting, sometimes I just don't feel hungry.

I start a meal and can't finish it or just don't feel like anything. I have been living off yogurts and babybels. I had a craving for nachos the other night and ate a ton.

My only advice is if you feel like something and it's not too horrendous, eat it. Don't wait, don't worry, just eat.

I had beans and coleslaw today - not a normal combination - but I fancied it as I walking past the supermarket. Since it was the first time I had been hungry and wanted something specific in 72 hours I went in and bought some. Went straight home and ate the lot.

This is a massive post, sorry. Just wanted to say, me too, don't worry, but do give in to something if you are hungry.

PP XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Aw thank you for your replies image I just don't fancy anything, It was about 9pm by the time I ate and still wasn't hungry! Had a bowl of cereal. At least I won't pile the weight on if this carries on image x