Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

Oh SO tired - anyone else?

As the title suggests... I am ridiculously tired - to the point I just want to get into my bed and sleep all day! Which would be fine but I have a toddler to run after and a business to run. I don't remember feeling so tired last time - does anyone else feel like this, am wondering if I need to start iron tablets or something. I don't have any other symptoms apart from feeling emotional!!

Hope you are all well xx

Replies

• i am gatecrashing as this popped up on the home page. i am 38 weeks with my second and have never been so tired in my life, particularly in the early days. i thought there must be something wrong with me and wondered whether i needed iron but all my tests came back normal. i also have a toddler and had quite a responsible job and i think it is combination of that, and not getting the lie ins that you get before you have your first! really sympathise and all i can suggest is get yourself off to bed early at nights and take any opportunities for naps! i found the tiredness did ease up a little, but it is only in the last few weeks i have had any energy! definitely didn't feel like this last time!

hope things get a bit easier for you.

• Im so tired too, keep falling asleep on the sofa in the evenings! I've got a toddler too and its really hard keeping them amused when you just want to veg. all i can say is thank goodness for toddler groups! I've just got to walk to them urgh. i was exactly the same in.my first pregnancy though
  • The tiredness hit me big time this weekend, went to bed so early friday night, laid in, then had a 3 hour afternoon nap, went to bed early, another lay in, another 3 hour nap sunday afternoon, early night and now absolutely shattered again.

This week is going to be a killer, I'm a primary school teacher and this week I'm off out tonight with hubby to see the Harlem Globe Trotters (got tickets so can't even get out of it) then Wednesday taking my class to London Zoo - thank goodness easter holidays start on Friday. Not quite sure how I'm going to make it through.

Just really hopeful that the tiredness subsides in the second trimester (this is my first so I have nothing to compare it too).

Mrs E

7 + 5