Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Symptoms have kicked in.....

I am glad to say I am having more and more stronger symptoms... They have been slow in coming, but hit with a vengence over last few days... I am 8 weeks tomorrow image

my boobs have been super sore, in particular when I am in bed, they hurt every time I turn over, the hurt in the bath too.... Way more than ever before. They are also covered in veins and have had a growth spurt!!

I've been exhausted since BFP but last few days I have zero energy, even the smallest jobs renders me useless, I am also napping in afternoon!!

Over last three days I have also had constant sickness, I fell sick when I wake up but also starving, eat breakfast and then throw it up, then feel sick most of the day with the odd bout of actually being sick. Today in tesco I had to open a bag of beef monster munch to stop me being sick.... I was then sick when I got home.

I am also very thirsty!!

So despite feeling like I've been hit by a double decker bus I am happy to have such strong symptoms as never had any like this before x

how is everyone else??

Replies

• My symptoms are very like yours 3054 but I haven't actually been sick yet. Not enjoying feeling rough but trying to see it as a positive.

Has your due date changed? Surely if youre 8 weeks tomorrow you'll sneak into Oct? image
  • My due date off last AF is the 1st of November, but at last scan on Wednesday I measured 7+3, which puts my around the 29th of October.... However I am staying put as I am sure dates will change again image
  • I'm having all the same symptoms too! I keep telling myself that is is very very good! Although I feel very rubbish when I have to be sick twice every morning and feel sick most of the day,have no energy to do anything after work so just have to go to sleep early, and my boobs are soooooooooo painful, and look horrible!!! Just woken up from a lovely afternoon nap, but going to a hen night tonight!!!! Not sure how i'll cope!!!
  • Hmmmm, nope, I seem to be ok. A bit more tired, boobs tender but nothing major (could be because I keep prodding them), a little bloated, but that's it. Trying not to worry about it. Enjoy your symptoms ladies xx
  • Oh i'm fed up!!!!!!!!!!! Was supposed to be going to a hen night tonight, but just had to call and say I can't go. I have felt more sick today than any other day, and not been able to keep anything down apart from a few dry crackers. I got myself all dressed and made up and but felt increasingly sick, and just had to resign myself to the fact that I really am not going to be able to go out tonight. Oh I feel rubbish..... but i'm having a baby!! I keep reminding myself that!!
  • Hi ladies

I have no real symptoms as yet apart from the odd sore bbs, I'm a couple weeks behind most of you ladies so I'm fully expecting them to kick in soon.

With dd I felt sick alot! I wasn't actually sick, it was worse on a night and I would just take myself to bed it was so bad sometimes.

From what I remember from dd 7-11 weeks was the worst, I still felt sick until 15/16 weeks but just the odd nauseous moment rather than constant. So hopefully in a few weeks you ladies will start to feel a bit better. And then we'll have our scans to look forward to image But it is nice to feel pregnant isn't it even if it is with our heads in the toilet :lol:

Tashelby I wouldn't worry not feeling sick, I know people who felt absolutely fine in pregnancy infact one girl didn't even know she was pregnant lol

Mojacobs sorry you've had to miss the hen do, hope the sickness gives you some relief and you can have a nice relaxing night

Xxx
  • Hi ladies, just thought i'd share....i woke up this morning and ate 3 (yes 3!) rich tea biscuits before getting out of bed. It really helped and haven't been sick so far yet!!
  • Well I may have to try that.... I didn't even get to finish my crumpets this morning before I was sick, I normall get to finish a meal and then an hour later I am sick.... Not today!! Yesterday I was being sick up until about 1pm, I was fine in the afternoon image

has anyone gone off tea..... Everywhere I read says you will but I am still really enjoying a cup of tea??
  • I'm still enjoying tea, although only having 1 or 2 a day, although I still haven't any symptoms yet so that may still all be to come image x
  • I have gone off tea!!! I'm so upset because I LOVE tea! I drink it all day long! But I just can't drink it now. I make a cup and drink a few sips and then don't like it. It's the milk I think, the milk tastes so strong in it to me. I've been having peppermint tea instead, and also finding that really helps ease the nausea.
  • I WANT SOME SYMPTOMS!!!! Im supposed to feel lucky that I dont have any but its just worrying me. Have tender boobs but thats about it. Come on, give me something to moan about (actually have millions of things to moan about, and I do) image

Anyone else got nothing? x
  • I dont really have anything tashelby and I barely had anything with my son the whole way through. Its hard not to worry - I am worrying again this time round lol. But it is best just to stay chilled, hugs xx
  • Oh do you know what Hun, even if you had every symptom in the book you would still worry, I worry if no symptoms and worry if strong symptoms as I had very strong symptoms with last miscarriage..... I worry if I have pains as think what are they but then worry if no pains as I think why no stretching pains is baby not growing....

It doesn't matter what goes on in the first 12 weeks if you have had previous losses you will worry, so for now enjoy not feeling rough as you know you have got this far successfully without symptoms x x

I am on a mission to stop being negative but it is so bloody hard..... Can't wait for next scan for some more reassurance image take care Hun from the second little worry wort!!!
  • I know...I'm trying to be more positive...then I reign myself in cos I'm building my hopes up. i want to feel pregnant!!!! just got to make it through to next scan a week on Friday, maybe then I will chillax, or maybe the one after that....who knows!!! :roll: x
  • I've only just got my bfp (due end Nov) but I've been feeling absolutely shattered for about a week, which is not easy with a very active 21 month old to look after! in the last couple of days my boobs have balloned and got ultra sensitive nipples. I've not been sick but felt queasy and urged on two occasions, one of which was after the chocolate Philadelphia advert! i hope Im not going to go off chocolate! not really felt much like eating anything but at the same time Im more hungry than usual. can't stand the thought of anything milky like tea or yogurt. i had similar symptoms with dd so wonder if its another girl! keep having achy feelings and funny twinges down below but trying not to worry.
  • Sorry to gate crash... I am only 5 weeks pregnant so no real symptoms yet (will be due in December). I think im likely to get sickness soon as very prone to feeling sick anyway. My mum and sister had very bad sickness in pregancy too.

Does it feel like a bug or is it a different type of sickness? Or is it more like a hangover?

?

• hey sam2026, I'm 5 weeks too, due 25th nov x

I have no symptoms apart from cramps and sometimes tender boobs.

When I had my son i felt very sea sick, like dizzy sick and queasy, it took over everything when it came on, and i had flu like symptoms from 7w-10w sickness went at about 13 weeks and returned at the end again lol,

Maybe this weekwe will get symptoms? as last time i found out i was pregnant i was 5+6 and was feeling sick for a couple of days xxx
  • Morning ladies and congratulations on your BFP!!!

I am 9 weeks today and symptoms have been the bain of my life.... Up to 7 weeks I just had extreme tiredness and soore boobs, between seven weeks and 9 weeks I have had soore boobs, sickness, tiredness and food cravings very on and off, infact I had sickness for a week then nothing for four days and it's back today....

5 weeks is very early, your symptoms will come in time and if they don't many ladies have successful pregnancies with no symptoms at all so don't worry about it x

I think we all get hung up on symptoms and each and every person is different and each and ever pregnancy is different. I'm sure you will post soon saying how bad your symptoms are!!