Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scan Today

Hi everyone

Went for my early scan today just to make sure everything was ok. Today is 7+2.

Anyway, was told to drink 1-2 pints of water before I got there, which was fine except I was dying to have a wee.

Went to see scan woman and she started to do the scan only to say that she couldnt get a clear picture. So she asked me to go and have a wee - which I did and it only took about ten minutes as I just couldnt stop weeing.

Anyway, she did an internal scan when I came back and lo and behold, there was a little bean with a head and body and a heartbeat. She guestimated that I am 8 weeks and that everything is going well. Makes me due in October, but think I will hang around here.

So hopefully, with everything crossed, the next four weeks will be more worry-free, although I doubt it as I still check everytime I go to the loo.

Anyway, (seems to be my favourite word)that is my little rant over. I am off now to rest and look at my scan picture and finish eating yet another packet of ready salted hula hoops.

by the way, are hula hoops bad? I hope not as i have eaten two packs already today!!!

Replies

• Aw mazza it must have been fab to see your wee bean image Try to relax (easier said than done I know) image xx
  • Brilliant news glad all is ok image xxx
  • Congrats, how exciting and hula hoops are perfectly fine! image x
  • mazzad56 this is such fab news! Congratulations! Hope you have a lovely relaxing afternoon and enjoy those hula hoops, I am living off them too at the moment though managed some beetroot soup today at lunchtime woohoo! xx