Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The best month ever, trip to NYC and BFP!!!

Hi everyone,

Here's my story...

me and my husband started ttc in aug 2010. We tried from then until july 2011 with no success even after buying a CBFM. After our holiday in July we decided that we might postpone the ttc for around 1year and start again, maybe it just wasnt meant to be.

However by the end of dec we were desperate to ttc again. I came off the pill at new year and started using CBFM again. No success on month 1. On month 2 (Feb-March) then CBFM seemed to not work v well and I felt like I was ov when the monitor said I wasnt. The CBFM continued on to miss my peak and went from high to low. We also had a last min trip 2 New York to organise so I was less stressed about ttc. Last weekend (11th March) I used an internet cheapie and was sure I saw a really faint line but hubby wasnt convinced. Waited until Tues 13th to do a FR and got a positive straight away. We went to New York on Wednesday and I took my CB digital with me and got a pregnant reading of 2-3 weeks.

Just back from New York this morning (my hubby's birthday) after having an amazing but exhausting time and went to the docs who gave me a really informative book called ready steady baby and a edd of 16th Nov.

Were soooo excited after all that time to finally get bfp. Going to tell my parents who I think will be over the moon as my mum has told me a million times that she wants 2 be a grandma and they didnt even know we were trying image

Replies

• Hi mrs Alexander

Huge congratulations what a lovely surprise image you are due on my birthday image hope new York was fantastic. Looking forward to getting to know you. Xxx
  • Fab news, many congratulations xx
  • Thanks guys, Congratulations to you both too, Im looking forward to getting to know everyone

We told my mum and dad tonight they are both so happy, I got a blank card as I had been away on Mother's day so I wrote happy Mother's day love us and bump. My mum had tears and they both couldn't stop smiling!!! image