Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

Feeling dreadful

Hi Everyone

This isn't really a moan because in a strange way I am pleased to be feeling sick as it's a good symptom, however I was just wondering if anyone is suffering with sickness 24 hours a day?

I haven't been sick (I hate being sick and wasn't sick in my first pregnancy either) but I really don't remember feeling this awful the first time around. Literally everytime I stop eating I feel sea sick, and I can't constantly eat!

Today was the worst day to the point where I almost passed out in a meeting at work because my balance went. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations as it really didn't bother me this much first time around

Egg

Replies

• Oh no image poor you that sounds awful. I didn't feel sick at all first time round and today is the first day I have felt sick and same as you travel /sea sick - eating is the only way to stop it but I can't eat all day.

No help really but sending hugs xx
  • Hi hun

I'm feeling the same, although it's not too bad at the moment. I've been grazing all day too - just trying to reach for fruit instead of chocolate lol! I have found plain breadsticks seem to help a bit, and sipping flat diet coke. Hope this helps and you are feeling better soon.

xx
  • I would make the most of it girls.... I had about two days of feeling like I had a 24 hour hangover... Then I got the sickness too, being sick about 3/4 times a day and feeling sick for the rest of it.... Now I have nothing and I'm terrified as to why it has dissappeared image
  • Have you tried sucking mints or hard candy? xx
  • Emilyegg I am the same I have the 24 hour feeling of seasickness and struggling to eat, hula hoops are the only thing to not upset me! After me worrying last week that the sickness had stopped it came back with a veangance.

I have seabands which are helping a bit I think, also preggie pops are an absolute life saver, they seem to stop the sickness but only while I'm actually sucking them so I am getting through them pretty quick! Ice pops really help, again it might be the sucking?!

3054 sounds like you are having the same worry as me last week - everyone told me it's normal and not to worry about it, though it's so much easier said than done. Hope you are okay...

xx
  • Thanks ever so much for all your comments. As I said it's not really a moan because if I didn't feel like it I would be worried. I think also it doesn't help working full time with a toddler as well, I'm probably more tired than I realise.

I will definately try those pregnancy pops and maybe some barley sweets.

3054 - I'm sure that everything is fine, it might be that baby was going through a growth spurt. Can you get another scan if you are worried?
  • 3054 I'm sure everything is ok, I know it's easier said than done trying not to worry esp from what you have already been through. Symptoms do come and go huni, hope your ok image

Well the sickness got me today. I haven't actually been sick but I have felt it all day. I think I may have a virus though as I've got a horrible headache and feeling unwell so not sure if it's related to that or ms. Sian where did you get the preggie pops from? Are they just like a sweet? I was using mints to help with nausea past couple of days but couldn't face putting one in my mouth today, I barey ate all day. I think an early night for me tonight image (football is on anyway lol)

X x x
  • Yes they are sweets, really sour sweets! They are made with brown rice syrup and essential oils. I got them from amazon for ??3.95. I've for the mixed tub - green apple, sour raspberry, sour lemon and sour tangerine.

xx
  • Thanks Hun I may have to give them a go image x x x
  • Feeling your pain ladies. Feel sick most of the day, like travel sick or like being hungover. I've tried eating but all I want to eat is carbs or crisps or maccy D's. I've had two big macs in the space of about 3 days and I never ever eat then usually! Am going to be the size of a house at this rate!

I also feel really hungry to the point of fainting but when I go to eat I just don't want it anymore. Hope this phase goes quickly, last time I only was like this for a couple of weeks then it went away xxx
  • I am also having 24 hours a day sickness it keeps me up/wakes me up at night. Can't eat - I am starving but also have no appetite for anything. I can keep water down and a few crackers but it is depressing being ill and tired all the time.

I have also tried seasickness bands, which appear to take the edge off, though I am not sure if that is just psychosomatic or not.

I have found a warm bath (no products because everything smells yucky to me now) and a cup of hot water can also help.

Since I have lost weight everywhere else my bloated belly looks so big. Am terrified that someone is going guess before we're ready to tell them.

PP XXX
  • I'm with you guys

Feeling dreadful most of the day, have only been actually sick once but (sorry tmi) dry wreching alot! I just feel constantly sick day and night.I'm worried as I'm only 6 weeks today, this has gotten worse over the weekend but is that early to be feeling this bad? Goodness know what I'll be like in the next few weeks.

I hope you ladies start to feel Better soon.

X x x