Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my scan yesterday

And all was well - soo pleased, I just burst into tears when I saw that tiny hearbeat flickering away. Actually allowing myself to start feeling a wee bit positive now, up until now I've been constantly worried that I was going to mc again. Measured 7 +5 which is exactly what I thought I was, Theres still a long way to go but I'm sooo happy!!

How is everyone else feeling today?

Replies

• Aww hun that's lovely! So glad it has made you start to feel more +ve. When will you next have a scan? xx
  • Thanks sian, next scan will be at 12 weeks unless I have any problems. Cant wait! Got my booking with the midwife tomorrow, having to be quite creative with work as to why I'm suddenly taking time off in the middle of the day! I have a feeling they might guess as they knew we would be trying straighter after my last mc but I'm keeping quiet until 12 weeks or possibly even later if I can. How are you doing?
  • Fab news hun, so pleased all is ok image must be so lovely seeing that little heart flickering away image

X x x
  • Hopefully your colleagues will be tactful and not say anything if they are suspicious. Can you say you have a toothache so it's an emergency dental appointment? Something like that!

We're not telling anyone until we have our first scan - well except for my friend who already guessed! It is really hard to keep it under wraps especially when I have been feeling sick and I think my manager noticed my sea-bands the other week. I think he might suspect but if he does he is being very good and not asking me. My scan is 23rd April, it's not that long to go but feels like forever, I am counting down the days!

Sounds like your 12 week scan will be around the same time as me as we're only 5 days apart image

xx
  • Yay Autumn glad to hear it image xx
  • Its so hard keeping it under wraps isnt it? my line manager knew why I was off when I had my mc but I told everyone else I had a virus! I like the emergency dentist idea - havent used that 1 yet so I'll keep it in reserve lol!!

Jessie it was lovely to see the heartbeat but tbh if the sonographer hadnt pointed it out I probably would have missed it!! He/she is only just over 1cm in length - isnt it amazing how something so small can make us feel so poorly lol!! oh and she checked for twins but just the 1 in there!!

Sian I hope the 23rd comes quickly for you, the waiting is a killer isnt it!!
  • I know I should probs keep it quiet but I've told quite a few people! I'm just too excited! xx