Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

after 7 hours in hospital...

...I've just had a scan and seen my little baby and his/her super strong heartbeat! So happy and so amazing to see this little person that's growing inside me!

I had bleeding so went to a&e at 9 last night, had pee and blood tests and an examination by gynaecologist. They couldn't find anything wrong, both the gynae and sonographer think it is the placenta implanting.

I'm very tired now and should really get some sleep but I can't stop looking at my scan photo!

xx

Replies

• gosh,i'm so pleased all is well hun, sounds like it's very common to have bleeding in early pregnancy, but you're all very sensible getting it checked out xx
  • Thanks hun, yes all the books say how common bleeding is but when it happens it's like "OHMYGOD!" especially when there's stats saying 1 in 5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage.. I was going to leave it til this morning but oh was worried so he rang midwife who said go to a&e. I'm so glad we did cos I would have Worried all night xx
  • Glad everything is ok hun. Keep your feet up for the next wee while and take it easy.

xx
  • So glad everything has worked out ok hun. Who knew pregnancy could be so stressful.

Have a relaxing day hun.

Xxx
  • How scary for you both, its hard not to think the worst when we see blood, but for a lot of women it's just one of those things. You rest up and get over your scare xx
  • sorry you had a scary time but glad everything is ok x
  • Am so glad you're ok, what an awful shock. You're(we're) at the stage where the placenta is taking over and growing lots so I am sure that's what it was. Feet up for Easter for you!

Loads of love and good wishes,

PP XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Oh Sian how scary for you hun, sooo pleased everything was fine, bet it was so lovely to see your little bubs heart flickering away image

You take it easy hun

X x x
  • Glad to hear you're ok, and how amazing is it to see the heartbeat on the screen?! Rest up! X x
  • Glad all is well image take it easy xxxxxx
  • Thank you for all your lovely messages ladies. I have been taking it very easy as you'll probably tell from how quiet i've been on here! I'm normally nattering away every 5 mins!

vw_family so amazing to see the heartbeat, I saw it straight away, and then she played the sound of it through the machine, incredible!

Happy easter everyone

xx
  • Oh Sian, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through, but glad all is ok!!

I haven't been on here for a while, and just seen your posts. Must have been so horrible, but lovely you know have a pic!
  • Thank you hun, yes I love the pic image How are things with you? xx