Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone got their 12 weeks scan date?

Just wondering if anyone has got their NHS scan date yet? I'm due 31st October and I phoned the hospital today as the midwife told me to as my letter hadn't come through but they told me to call back middle of next week. Luckily I have next week off work but i was hoping on having the scan the first week back as I am not sure how long I can hide it!

I hope everyone is well. I'm really sorry to read about the two scares but glad they worked out alright and your beans are strong x

Replies

• Hey emilyegg

I've just got mine through today. 11th may. I'll be 12+5 then. Cant wait image

Hope yours comes through soon image x x x
  • I don't really have an official NHS 12 week scan as not registered with my local midwife yet. I am under consultant at Liverpool womens recurrent miscarriage clinic and get scanned every two weeks there, next one is Wednesday when I will be 11 weeks.... After that I will contact midwife re booking in etc, not sure if Liverpool will do a 12 week scan to with them being so close?? Will find out on Wednesday I suppose!!! Can't wait for scan on Wednesday as that will be the furthest we have ever got!!!!
  • Hi Emily

I got mine through yesterday it's for the 27th April when I'll be 12 +2 I think. Cant wait!! The way it works here is after your booking in the midwives contact the hospital abd they send you an appointment. I also found out something at my booking which I'm slightly disappointed about...apparently now up here I wont get to hear baby's heartbeat until 22 weeks, with my daughter it was checked from 16 wks onwards. Is it like this anywhere else? I'm in Scotland. It seems like a massively long time to wait until 22 wks. image
  • autumn when i was pregnant with dd two years ago the midwife used a doppler at appointments from about 17 weeks. think it depends on your midwife image
  • I'm 10+1 today and haven't got mine through yet. Only saw midwife for booking in appt last week so I expect appt will come in over the next week or so.x
  • Hi

Thanks for all your replies. They told me to call back next week so I'll probably pester them on Wedsnesday! Autumn - I know we get less check ups with our 2nd baby but not sure about the heartbeat, I checked my book and it doesn't have me down for a 16 weeks check up but then you'll get the scan at 20 weeks.

Hope you are all having a lovely Easter x
  • Mine is 23rd April, I'll be 12+2. I got my scan date booked when I went for my midwife booking appointment.

Autumn won't you get to hear heartbeat at the scan? I heard heartbeat last week, through the ultrasound machine? I'll be having my 12week scan at the same place so assuming I'll hear the heartbeat again then. I start having midwife appointments at 16 weeks, not sure if they'll use a doppler or not, if they don't I'll probably end up trying to buy a doppler myself! xx