Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Spotting/Bleeding

I've just been to the toilet and noticed some pinkish dicharge and then spots of fresh red blood. I've phoned the midwife office and they said someone will call me back but if they don't and it gets worse I think we'll head off to the hospital.

I know a couple of you have had bleeding and wondered what it started off like? This is very light pink with very small spots of blood and only when I wipe, not in my underwear.

I've been terribly sick this week and still feel very sick and tired now but of course now I feel like I have stomach cramps which is probably because I know I'm spotting. Feel upset but trying not to stress

Replies

• Oh hun, try not to panic but I would definitely go to the hospital to get checked out. Hopefully it will be nothing serious, but I really think it's better to be safe than sorry. Mine was pinkish discharge on my knickers and spotting when I wiped. I will be thinking of you and hoping for good news. These DIN beans are definitely trying to scare us mummies! xxx
  • hey there, quite a few of us have had bleeds and as you know they have all been ok. I hope that this knowledge gives you a little comfort, but it's hard not to panic when you see blood. My instinct would be head to the hospital but im sure your midwife will advise you better what to do. Let us know how you are. Thinking of you, Tracy xx
  • Hi Hun,

I had my scare last Sunday.

I felt like I needed a wee and then when I went I passed a big gush of bright red blood, over the next few hours it got gradually lighter but stayed red / pink and by morning had stopped. I had no cramping. Try not to panic although I know how hard that is. Everything turned out ok for me and I'm sure you will be fine. When I went for a scan she could see where the bleed was, it was outside the sac but inside the womb. she said bleeding is really common and that the blood will try to find a way out if it is not reabsorbed back into the body and sometimes the cervix is the quickest way out. I agree with Sian, if for no other reason than to put your mind at rest head for the hospital it's best to get these things checked.

Best wishes chick, will be thinking of you.

XxXx
  • Hi hun, As the other girls have said try not panic although I know that's easier said than done when you see blood. If you could get to see someone to put your mind at ease I would chick. Hope you and baby are ok hun, take it easy x x x
  • I echo what the others say. As ive said before I had spotting and then a sudden heavy bleed at ten weeks with dd and it turned out to be a random haemorrage not related to baby. Its really common, but very scary when you see the blood. Fingers crossed for you andhope everything is ok xxx
  • Hi

Thanks so much for all your messages, it's always such a comfort. The midwife called back within an hour and told me to put my feet up and not lift my little girl. She said that because there were only tiny spots of blood it could be the placenta embedding into my wall which often causes break through bleeding.

She said the other reason it might be is that I have an internal graze from my first birth (she was 8lbs 14oz so quite big!) and sometimes that causes bleeding because of the change in cells.

As it turns out since typing my original msg to you all I haven't had any red blood, just pink and it stopped completly an hour ago. I have a feeling that in my panic on seeing the pink discharge I may have wiped a bit too hard and maybe irritated myself. I'm not going to go to the hospital as it's all stopped and so I'm just going to head for bed. If it starts again in the morning though I promise I'll go straight to A&E.

Thanks again x
  • p.s Sianuk11 just reread your other post and seen that they told you the same thing about the placenta, I guess that makes sense because I know it happens around 9-10 weeks and i'm just over 10 weeks. Glad you're ok x
  • Glad the bleeding has stopped and you're ok hun xx
  • Hiya just seen your post, glad everything is ok now. Hope you are managing to rest and take it easy.

xx