Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

Worried :(

Well for the last week I have been having some brownish discharge (sorry tmi!) but thought it was just old blood and there wasnt too much of it so I would just monitor it.

I was starting to get a bit worried so I called up the maternity unit and asked some questions this morning. As i haven't been in for my booking in appointment yet they transferred me through to the hospital. The hospital said that I should come in for an early scan and they had one available this afternoon.

So we're going in at 2.40pm today but i burst into tears after the phonecall I'm so worried that something is wrong image

please keep your fingers crossed for me

Replies

• Hope everything is ok hun, keeping it all crossed for you. Quite a few of us have had early bleeding and things have been ok. Lets hope it's just your wee bean getting good and settled. Keep us posted if you can.

xx
  • Hope everything is ok Hun x good that you get a scan today to reassure you... Fingers crossed x
  • Thanks guys,

The scan was good and we got to see the heartbeat!! I'm so happy as I was feeling a bit negative on the way up to the hospital.

They told me to fill my bladder before i went so i had 4 glasses of juice/water and by the time they were doing the scan I was bursting lol. They said it was the fullest bladder they saw all day haha

We asked for a photo but only after the scan and they said that they could have only given us one if we had asked at the time not after image

But that doesn't matter, all that matters to me is my little bean is ok image
  • Ahh , so glad everything is okay with you. its hard not to worry sometimes though. so glad all is well
  • So pleased all is ok image bet it was lovely seeing your little bubs heart beating away image take it easy hun x x x
  • thanks everyone, im going to make sure i take it easy and have lots of rest

hope everyone else is well
  • I've only just seen this post hun, so glad it was fine in the end and you got to see your bean's heart beating away. Shame you didnt get a pic but like you say your bean is ok. Did they say what they thought the bleed might be caused by? xx
  • yeah i know rubbish about the pic but i can still remember it in my head and my hubby was with me so he saw it too, thats all that matters image

They said they couldn't see where it came from but was probably just some old blood coming through and it should go away in a few days or so
  • they also said the baby was 15mm and measuring around 7weeks 6days but as its really early then they can be around 1-5days out
  • Phew so glad all is well Mrs_Alexander image x
  • Oh man! this wee bean wants 2 keep me worried image

Last night had a bit of a sore tummy and a little dark red blood then monitored it today and it hasnt been too bad, mainly brown with a little bit dark red again tonight :?

I want to just get back to my easy pregnancy I was having or i feel like i'm going to end up on the phone to the midwife every 2mins!!

Just got to keep remembering the picture of the wee heartbeat flickering away