Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Leaving you :(

Hi girls,

Just to let you know we went for an early private scan today and have had a missed miscarriage, baby was measuring on dates so it literally must have happened in the last few days.

It wasn't meant to be and I feel very lucky to have my gorgeous little boy,

I wish you every happiness with your gorgeous little babies and I hope you all have a healthy pregnancy,

xx

Replies

• Options
    Mini day so sorry to hear this. You take care of yourself. Sending you hugs huni x x x
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. I had the same situation back in January (then fell pregnant again straight away, so don't give up). I am really, really sorry.

If you don't mind me asking - how are they going to manage the next few days/weeks? Will they give you some help? Only answer if you are comfortable and feel free to PM me if you'd rather not put it on the board. I have been there and would love to offer support to you.

Take good care of yourself and your partner. I will be thinking of you.

PP X
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss pet. Sending you a huge cuddle xx
  • Options
    Not sure how they are going to manage it yet? Hopefully someone from EPU will ring tomorrow and I will get an appointment to chat through it.

I don't know what the best option will be but am terrified of a GA so was thinking medical management? But am not sure what that entails, all I know is I really hope it can be over quickly? What would you suggest?

Thanks for your kind words, it means alot and I know so many of you in this due in Nov have had a long journey to get where you are now - Im pleased I am the one to have to go through this and not any of you who have been here before, any advice you have would be great xx
  • Options
    I am pleased you are going to the EPU, my local one is great. Unfortunately I wasn't offered a choice, for medical reasons (it's too complicated for here). I 'lost' the baby naturally six days later. If it's an option I would go for medical management, I found the uncertainty a bit worrying (when was it going to happen???). I am not posting this to scare you, just to be honest - I ended up in hospital as I have very low blood pressure and the loss of blood made it go dangerously low. I think if I had had medical management then things like this could have been taken into account. But once I was out of hospital it was just like a VERY heavy period. I needed hot water bottles and some paracetamol but I was back on track pretty quickly.

I am not 100% on medical management but Mr P researched it. He said they give you some tablets and it gets things going - I think it's two, like the old morning after pill - one now, one twelve hours later. If I had been offered tablets I would have taken them.

I really don't want to post anything unhelpful while things are so fresh and raw for you. Don't forget your mental health as well, I do think it's important to grieve for your baby, doesn't matter how early the loss, it is still a loss - a baby and all the hopes and dreams you had for them. When it happened to me a lot of people just skated over it and it hurt me deeply. Take all the time you need and don't pay any attention to anyone who belittles what you are going through. Hopefully you will have a more support from people than I did. Mr P was great, but he was grieving too, so don't forget your husband, I am sure you won't but it took me by surprise to see how upset Mr P was. Give your son and your DH a huge hug from me. And a million hugs from me to you.

All my love,

PP XXXXX
  • Options
    Sending you love and hugs...
  • Options
    so sorry for your loss xx
  • Options
    Oh my gosh I've just seen this, I am so sorry to hear of your loss I truly am. I hope the epu take good care of you and you take your time to grieve. I just can't imagine how you must be feeling image xx
  • Options
    Oh miniday, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm sure the next few weeks aren't going to be the best but remember there are plenty of lovely 'faceless' people here if you need to talk to someone. Might sound daft but talking to people that don't know the ins and outs of my life is often easier (maybe that's just me though, I'm not very good at opening up normally)

Thinking of you x x
  • Options
    So sorry to hear your sad news, you must be so, so sad. Take care and please accept my most sincere sympathies.

xx
  • Options
    image So sorry honey image Big hugs for you xx
  • Options
    So sorry to hear your sad news chick. Take care of yourself and you know where we are if you need to vent.

Xxxx
  • Options
    oh my sweet, I am so so very sorry to hear your sad news, I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm constantly worrying about MMC and it is very common so I know you will have positive news again soon, take your time to grieve and I send huge hugs from me and little man x x x x x x
  • Options
    Oh Rach, Im so sorry to hear this Hun. I'm really thinking about you and your family right now. Lots of big hugs xxxxxxxx