Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

Anyone else

Feeling the pinch lol!! I'm only 10 wks but already my trousers are feeling a bit on the neat side. I do eat far too much chocolate and I know I'm about a stone heavier that I was when I had my wee girl but I thought I'd get to about 16/17 wks like I did the last time before my clothes got too tight. Please tell me I'm not alone??

Replies

• lol hun, me too! I'm not a perfect weight and put on 5 stone during my last pregnancy!

My bmi is 38 ( was told at booking appt yesterday) and need to watch my weight this time round too.

I had a nifty trick with a hairband though your button hole, looped around the button to fix, so it gives your tummy a little more space to grow lol, i was doing this until about 30 weeks! just do your flies up lol! well, i did mine up half way and wore a bump band over it just incase (asda maternity bump bands black one and a white one for ??5) xxx
  • Yep! I've already ditched my skinnies and into the fatty jeans again. I'm only 7+5 as well!!! Xx
  • Glad it's not just me ladies - phew!! issybell, I used the hairband trick last time and it was definately a huge help, going to go and dig a few out!! Might try the Asda bump bands, I have the mothercare ones but they arent really all that great tbh. I cant wait to have a bump again but I am a bit worried about gaining too much weight, my BMI is currently 26/27 ish but I have absolutely no will power and just graze all day long. Need to give myself a good boot up the behind and get back to the fruit and ditch the chocolate (caramel kit kat anyone...?)

• YES!!! I havent put on any weight at all but my jeans and certain slim-fit tops just don't fit anymore! My BMI was 22 at my booking appointment which the midwife said is normal so that's good, just annoying that my clothes are getting so snug! xx
  • I'm currently 11+1 and already in maternity jeans. It's 13 years since I last had a baby bump and thank goodness the clothes are better now. The jeans just have a band that sits under my bump. Sooooo comfy xx
  • Yep me too, it's a struggle find things to wear each day lol. I've got 4 weeks til my scan so don't know how I'm gonna hide it for that long lol. Going to try the hair band trick I think! It wasn't like this first time round lol, I was still in my normal jeans when I went for my 20 week scan x x x
  • I know what you mean Jessiepud, I'll be glad once I have my scan and I can start to tell people. At the moment I just look really podgey, cant wait til I have a proper bump to show off. If anyone has any spare willpower they can send my way it will be very gratefully received - I HAVE to try and stop eating junk all day! Doesnt help that a new KFC drive thru has just opened 5 minutes from my office lol!!

Tashelyby - I was looking online last night and there are some really nice maternity clothes out there now, Next and H & M are good, so are new look and Dorothy Perkins. I agree about the under bump trousers - I wore mine out last time - that is until my bump got too big and I had to resort to the over the bump - under the boob ones!!! - dead comfy but not great in the warm weatehr :lol:
  • me too!Im only 7+3but my clothes are already getting tight. i thought i was just bloated but started a new job today and had to wear my smart clothes for the first time in six weeks and my tummy looked huge. i asked Hubby what he thought and he said Im being silly. but one of the ladies at work thought i was expecting and got really embarrassed when i lied and said i wasn't. feel bad lying but its a temp job which Im hoping might lead to a longer contract so don't want to let on too early! really paranoid now! this is my second baby and i didnt start showing til seventeen weeks last time :/