Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

second time mums: earlier bumps?

just wondering if anyone else is showing already? Im convinced that i am already. i can't keep my jeans done up and my tummy is sticking out loads. i was made redundant in Feb so not been wearing work clothes for about six weeks so when i put them on for a new job this week i looked like i was bursting out of them! Hubby said i was just being silly and hormonal but then someone at my new work commented about my pregnancy and i was so embarrass ed as i wasn't planning on telling anyone until after my twelve week scan..Im only eight weeks on Tuesday. i wasn't showing until 17 weeks with dd

Replies

• Nope, I totally agree! I had a tantrum this morning as my favourite jeans didn't fit. I'm only 8 weeks but defo a podge! I started to show about 12 weeks with DS so always showed quite early on. We took DS swimming yesterday and hubby even said i looked pregnant in my cossie! Hubbies letting me go shopping tomorrow to get some new stuff. I really can't wear maternity clothes now can I? Xxx
  • i know im so tempted to go and get some underbump jeans but am worried that ill tempt fate by buying things too early. Also i worry people will notice the band and I dont really want to tell anyone until ive had a scan and know everything is ok. On the other hand im really uncomfortable wearing normal jeans and put joggers on as soon as i get home! The only maternity jeans ive got from dd are ones with a massive bump band and I think theyll be too hot at the mo!
  • This is my first baby but I am now showing! I went holiday shopping yesterday and had to buy shorts and a skirt a size bigger! I'm now using the hairband trick on my jeans cos I don't have a hope in hell of getting them up. I'm showing as much as my friend was at 16 weeks! I have weighed myself daily and I've not gained an ounce. In a way I'm happy cos it's lovely to start looking PG but I've got to try to hide it for another week til I have the scan! xx
  • Yes me too! Especially in the last week, I think ya can tell I'm pregnant, convinced people are going to guess, it's still 4 weeks til our scan. With dd I didn't start showing til

22 weeks!x x x
  • That's what I was thinking, but I really need some, and I can't really wait. I've seen some real nice red maternity jeans on m and s website that i might order. I've told very close friends and family, so I don't mind wearing maternity wear around them. But I'm going to get some more leggings and floaty tops to wear around the people who don't, oh, and keep a low profile and keep making excuses I think. Had to turn down a mums night out on friday. I met a real good group of mum friends though breast feeding support group when I had DS. 3 of them are pregnant with 2nd babies so there was plenty of drivers- would've looked odd if I didn't drink image
  • I am now 14 weeks and started showing at 8 weeks, I went to the doctor and they thought i was further along, but it turns out i am expecting twins. I have a very noticeable bump and people started commenting on weather i was pregnant or not. I didn't show until 4-5 months with my first child. x image
  • oh tummy toni you've scared me now, we only have a two bed flat :/ Congrats by the way!
  • I know there's only defiantly one, that was the first thing I asked when we had our early scan! I'm must be 'big boned' ha ha! image
  • My clothes are definately getting tighter, but unfortunately I just look podgy, not pg yet! I think I'll make it to 12 weeks (just 10 days to go - yay!!) but I'll def be in maternity clothes a lot sooner than I was last time. If I could only step away from the chocolate.....!
  • I'm looking obviously pregnant now. Having to hide my bump under big baggy jumpers (thank god it's cold!!) as I'm so not ready for work to find out yet. I didn't show with my last pregnancy until about 7 months so I'm terrified it's twins especially as they run in my family!!