Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Got to say goodbye

Hi Ladies

Unfortunately on Friday I suffered a miscarriage at 11 weeks. As some of know I suffered some spotting from Monday and on Thursday it turned into proper bleeding. I went to A&E and they said my womb and cervix were closed plus I still tested postive in a pregnancy test. However on Friday we had a scan and discovered that my pregnancy had ended at 5 weeks but my uterus had carried on growing.

They told me to expect heavy period bleeding but unfortunately it happened very quickly and I collapsed and had to go to hospital Friday night. I won't go into the details because I don't want to upset anyone. I came out of hospital today and am feeling ok and positive about the future. Everything is fine body wise, I have a beautiful little girl and am looking forward to trying again in a few weeks.

I just want to wish you all fantastic and healthy pregnancies. Having a baby in November is just wonderful and I hope you enjoy every minute of your pregnancy, labour and being a mummy. If I could leave one piece of experience with you, it would be don't forget to do your pelvic floors! image I look forward to popping back in November and hearing all about your new arrivals.

Love Egg x

Replies

• really really sorry for your loss! its so soo brave of you to be so positive and i think thats truly amazing that your being so brave and positive! well done you! i really hope you get your bfp again soon! just remember to let your body recover first, thoughts are with you ( i had one in january, the bleeding is the worst part when you just want to move on from it all.. image ) xxx
  • Sending the BIGGEST BIGGEST hugs ever. I was also Due in Nov but had a missed m/c last wed. Have erpc tomorrow so know what you are going through and please message me if you need to chat.

Lots of love and take care of yourself honey xxx
  • So sorry to hear your sad news, your so brave and being so positive.

Take good care of yourself hun and hope to see you back in a due in forum soon.

Xxxx
  • Oh emilyegg I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are being so brave to be so positive about things. Make sure you take real good care of yourself, I'm glad things are okay physically and hope you are okay emotionally.. Sending lots of love and hugs your way xx
  • Oh Hun I'm so so sorry to read this, you take care of yourself and your family. Sending you massive hugs. X x x
  • aww i'm so sorry for your loss xx
  • Oh Hun so so sorry to read this. All my thoughts are with you... You sound like you are amazingly strong which will work well for you in the future. I know all to well what you ate going through, lots of hugs and love and hope to see you in full bloom really soon x x take care Hun x
  • I'm so sorry for your loss pet. I hope you are being well looked after. It's good to focus on the positive things in life, but it's ok to cry your eyes out too. again, I'm so sorry, no one should have to go through this. Love Tracy xx
  • Emilyegg am so sorry to hear this. I hope you and you oh are ok and . Big hugs x
  • emilyegg so sorry for your loss x hope you are ok x
  • Really sorry to read this, how awful. Bug hugs, my thoughts are with you xxxx
  • Thank you for all your lovely messages. I'm not going to lie to you although I am trying to remain positive I spent nearly 8 hours crying in A&E last Thursday and still burst into tears now and again throughout the day.

I guess the thing is we had almost a week to prepare for the worst then when we saw the scan we realised that it wasn't even a foetus, it was the bud so it wouldn't have even had a heartbeat. I'd like to think (without sounding too religious or spiritual!) that whatever soul was going to be in that bud is still in my body now so when I get pregnant again that baby will still be baby number 2 but would have taken a bit longer to come out.

Again without giving all the details the last three days have been pretty traumatic, my blood pressure went down to 74/36 and I almost ended up having a transfusion so I'm just glad to be ok and grateful that there is no permanent damage done.

Also I already have a beautiful toddler so I got to go home to her and my husband. All the crying in the world won't bring back my pregnancy even though it helps to have a cry, so for the next 6 weeks at least I'll be eating pate, goats cheese, a few glasses of rose wine and I'll be getting my nails done! x
  • Oh Emily, I'm so sorry for your loss but you sound like such an amazingly strong person. Enjoy cuddles with your DD and best of luck for the future!

x x
  • EggyEm,

I am so so sorry to hear this. What a terrible shock. I had a MMC, found at out 8 weeks it had stopped growing at 5 weeks. Also ended up in A and E. I am thinking of you and carrying you in my heart. Take care of yourself.

Lots of love,

PP XXXXX
  • i'm so so very sorry to hear your sad news Emily my love, please take care and remain positive, you're fabulous x x x x
  • Emily I am so, so sorry to hear about this. You sound amazingly brave and positive and I hope having your little girl around will be a huge help - when I mc in Dec although I was devestated, having J nearby was such a tonic and I just couldnt be too sad with her around so I hope your wee girl helps you through this too. Wishing you all best for a future sticky BFP. Take care.

xx