Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

What an experience !!

Finally got round to posting.

On the 4th april while i was driving home i started bleeding (i could feel it gushing out of me), as soon as i got home i got my husband to take me up to A&E. We were asked a few questions and i had my blood pressure taken. We then sat for 3 hours waiting to be seen by a doctor. When we finally got to see a doctor, he started taking notes on the back of the gloves he was wearing - which when he left the room he took off and threw in the bin !! All he said was he had rang the EPU and the people that do the scans finish work at 5.30pm and he had left a message for them to book me a scan for the following day. And was then told to go home !!

So all i could do was go home. The following morning i decided to ring the scan department to see when me appointment was going to be, to only be told they could not scan me till the following wednesday (6 days after the initally bleed !!).

Finally had the scan and all is well for now. They could see the bleed and was told it will probably bleed again at some point. Still getting brown spotting now and again, so assume it must just be the old blood bleeding out. 10 weeks today and cant wait for my dating scan in 2 weeks time.

Has anyone else had on and off brown spotting after they have had a big bleed?

Replies

• Hi hun,

Gosh the docs sound awful, can't believe they treated you so badly.  Glad the scan went well and everything is ok.

I have had exactly the same as you, i had a huge bleed at 7 weeks - and like you there was no slow build up just an almighty gush of blood when I went to the loo.  I had a scan and again like you they could see where the bleed was in my womb and said it was outside the sac and I may get some more bleeding.  I haven't had any more heavy bleeds but I have had brown spotting ever since, only now at 9 weeks and 2 days does it finally seem to be coming to an end (I've had practically nothing today but originally I had spotting every time I wiped after going to the loo and (sorry for TMI) it was usually worse after a number 2.  

In the last 2 weeks I've spoken to 2 doctors and a midwife at my booking in appointment and none of them were even slightly concerned, the midwife said so long as it is brown and there is no cramping then I shouldn't worry and that it's to be expected after a heavy bleed.

I hope that helps reassure you a bit, it's certainly reassured me hearing that you have been in exactly the same situation as me.

Xxx

• Hey huni

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time, what shocking treatment you have had, so pleased all is ok image you take care x x x

• That is horrendous but glad everything is ok!  Hugs and take care x

• Really glad everything is ok - sorry you had such an awful experience. 

PP X

• What a horrid experience! I'm so glad everything is ok though xx