Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

G/C with questions!?1

Hi Ladies,

I hope you dont mind but due in december is really quiet and I wanted to know if someone could refresh my memory with the answers to a few questions I have. Everything has changed since my DS. As I am so early on and so anxious I dont want to get the baby book out yet as am scared I would be tempting fate. Any help appreciated!!

1 Can I sleep on my tummy? ( I know a daft Q but cant get comfy any other way)

2. Peanuts / cheese/ cheesecake and other food - whats ok whats not?

3. Tummy and backache - no bleeding though Is it normal feels constantly aching and sore but not so bad I think i need to go to doctor

4. I am 4 weeks and 5 days - very very vivid dreams about death , woke up sobbing my heart out this morning  ( I mc in december and and my mum is very poorly so these things are on my mind). Can someone tell me its normal (ish)

5. Lastly , I want to hide in the house and not leave. I know its irrational but I am so scared. Im on nights this week. Managed to get out of it last night but wont be able to for rest.  I just want to wrap my self in cotton wool and not move for 12 weeks . Can anyone tell me how to snap out of this??

Sorry to harrass you with so many questions but if I spoke to DH with all this I think he would prob section me lol and you ladies are always so kind and supportive. Sorry again Im rambling. xxx

Replies

• Options

Hey blue star, I'm fine to come here anytime image its so scary the first few weeks of pregnancy isn't it. Especially as you miscarried in December you are bound to be worried, it's normal chick. I'll try help from what I can remember to lol. Sleeping on your tummy is ok early in pregnancy (I googled this when I first fell) no unpasterised cheeses such as Brie and blue veined cheeses, no shellfish, pâté or liver. Peanuts I think they say are ok if you don't have history of allergies in the family (I'm remembering this from dd though so advice may have changed) and limit caffeine.  I've had a lot of aching too especially early on, I think the advice is as long as its not too bad and no bleeding you should be ok. Vivid dreams is very common, I'm also getting these (I hope your mum is ok)  and I think it's normal to want to wrap yourself in cotton wool, it's important we look after ourselves and be careful but I also think We have to have a degree of normality too.Just make sure you are getting plenty of sleep and rest during the day whilst you are on nights. I'm sure everything will be just fine with you little bean chick. You take care x x x

• Options

I can't say any better than what JessiePud has said image Just try to relax and here's to a H & H 9 month image x

• Options

I can't figure out how to edit a post but I meant you can come here anytime not me lol x x x

• Options

Hello Blue star!  I think we should ban the term G/C - everyone is welcome!! 

I always sleep on my tum, my midwife said it was fine. 

Cheese - I have heard conflicting advice on this.  I have been told no unpasterised cheeses, but I have also heard that if it's hard cheese you will probably be ok as it's too dry for bacteria to breed, just avoid soft cheese. I have decided not to take the risk but it's a personal thing.  

Peanuts - there are no conclusive studies on this.  I have peanut butter on my toast every morning and my family has a serious history of allergies (I have them, all my siblings have them, my parents wear allergy bands etc etc).  

Other food - avoid Pate (plus other offal/liver products), Blue cheese, soft cheese, shell fish, soft boiled/poached eggs, limit caffeine (200mg or less a day), avoid alcohol, that's all I can think of right now.  My midwife advised me to avoid white bread and rice as she thinks it can lead to big babies (and big mummies), and leads to hard tendons which is difficult for birth (????) but she has some fairly fixed ideas on things so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. 

I haven't had much backache but loads of tummy stuff, lots of stretching and tugging and pulling.

I am really sorry to hear about your losses, it's no wonder death is on your mind.  I wouldn't worry about what's in your dreams, what they represent is rarely literal.  I keep dreaming about being unfaithful to Mr P - no intentions in real life I should add - but I have found that a bit disturbing.  

I posted a few weeks back on the general thread about feeling vulnerable and worried.  I am in regular therapy (for other issues) but asked my therapist about it - her response was that it was entirely normal and understandable.  We are now utterly responsible for this new life and there are so many things we have to worry about (as you've put in your original post, all these different things to worry about, that we might get 'wrong').  I don't think you should try to snap out of it - it's a natural feeling.  My feelings passed when I stopped trying so hard, I made a point of doing all my normal things but I made sure I had some water, my phone charged, oyster card full etc etc prepared for all eventualities and had a clear way home in case it got too much.  You aren't being silly - just a normal woman who is newly pregnant. 

Enough of the ramble - I think I always post huge posts. I know it's impossible not to worry but we're all here to support each other.   

Loads of love, 

PP XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Options

Thank you ladies for your replys. They really help.

Jessiepud - I cant figure out how to edit a post either but I know what you meant! Work have ben really good. I had to tell them (front line emergency service) although I had only anticipated telling my boss who let me skip off early so I wasnt up all night however now everyone knows. Its not difficult I suppose to put 2 and 2 together. To be fair no one has asked me outright just keep cheking Im ok. I just say yes thanks and smile lol . Im not overly concerned about them having figured it out. I havent confirmed it so will still be telling my mum and dad before them iykwim.

Pozzee Pod - thank you for your reply - lol at your dream but it really did give me some perspective - its just a dream!!! I have a rational part of my head which does tell me to be calm and go with it and it will be ok but then then panicky part takes over and all of a sudden I cant see straight. Am feeling a bit jekyll and hyde and the moment. I would like to figure out how much is  pregnancy hormones and how much is me.  Have been naughty this morn and taken ds to nursery and grabbed a mcdonald breakfast to eat back in bed. Sadly it tasted awful!! Hopefully that means i will only crave healthy food as I always enjoyed the occassional muffin meal. 

Thanks you both advice on foods drinks to avoid. I need to step away from the coffee I think. Hope your al keeping well xxx

• Options
    Just wanted to pop in and wish you well. All your concerns sound perfectly normal to me. After having suffered a mc, pregnancy is full of concern. It's not the exciting time it should be. We worry about everything, we have had the worst happen, so it's not something that just happens to others. I have awful nightmares. Hubby has had to waken me on several occasions as I am sobbing in my sleep. I feel like I'm living in a bubble,other than work Im doing very little, I just want to sleep and for time to pass more quickly. I have my dating scan on tue at 12+6 and I'm so worried. I have no symptoms so worry about that too. If I could give you one piece of advice it would be to try and relax, look after yourself and enjoy the other things in your life. Everything will be fine, but it's out of your hands. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy xx
  • Options

hiya hun.  Just wanted to echo what the other girls have said - it's normal to worry!!  It's only now that I'm nearly at 12 weeks that I think i'm finally starting to relax and chill out a bit.  The only thing I wanted to add is that each time I've been pg I've had really vivid dreams from 2-3 DPO right thru until about 6 weeks - it's how I've always figured out I'm expecting days before I could test!  I also had dreams about death which I mentioned to a friend who doesnt know I'm pg and apparently it actually can mean new life!  When I got my BFP with DD my grandad had passed away about a week before I conceived - I always like to think he maybe had a hand in things, this time round I conceived around the anniversary of my nan's death.  Maybe a co-incidence, maybe not - who knows?

Anyways, sorry for the ramble, hope you start to feel a little less worried soon.  Take care.

xx

• Options

Tashelby- thank you for replying. You sound like you have done exactly what i want to do and know exactly how I feel ! I know I need to relax but the wishing time away i think takes so much energy! I hope everything goes well at your scan.

Autumn - the dreams thing when I thought about it I had with DS and in the early stages of the last pg aswel so I do believe it is a good indicator of pregnancy. I just hadnt had the death dreams before. Didn know they meant new life though. I think thats a lovely way to look at it with your grandads death and nans anniversary.  Thank you for the reassurance  and good luck for your scan also xx