Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

Private scans

Hi everyone,

My scan is booked for 26th, next week, and i've been so looking forward to it. Unfortunately on Sunday a good friend passed away after a long battle with cancer, and her funeral is that day, around the time of the scan. Obviously don't want to miss the scan, but hubby and I also really want to go to her funeral, so we are looking into booking a private scan.

We live in London- anyone know of any good ones that are good value? I called one in Harley Street called Ultrasound Medic, and it costs £100. They can fit me in for this Friday, which is great! But I just worry if they are dodgy or not!! Anyone heard of them or used them? I saw another online, 'my ultra baby' and there are clinics near us, but again, the name sounds a bit dodgy to me!! They are only £75, so a lot cheaper. I called BMI, and they cost £270!!!

Any advice?

Replies

• Hi mo, G/c picked up off new threads! Not heard of those people, but ??270 is way over the top. I've done quite a bit of research into this and ??100 mark is normal for a dating scan, but you need to check if that covers the same tests as an nhs scan. Because they offer early scans, privately you need a nuchal scan (with or without blood tests) I believe, in order to match the 13 week nhs 'dating' scan. From memory this was about ??160. What I'd certainly suggest though is contacting your hospital to explain the situation to see if you can re-arrange the scan - this won't be the first time something like this has happened and hopefully they'll have a cancellation. Good luck image
  • We've booked ours with Babybond http://www.babybond.com/

They have sites in London and can fit you in quite soon I think. I have mine on 26th. Hope funeral goes 'ok' and you cna re-schedule the scan. xx

• Hi,

Thanks for replies!

I tried re-booking my NHS scan, but they couldn't fit me in for another 2 weeks! I couldn't wait that long!

I've booked it with the one I mentioned, i'm sure it will be fine. I think I will still re-schedule the NHS one, but at least I will have peace of mind beforehand.

Only 2 days! Very exciting!