Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

family

I live with my hubby of 5half yrs with our 4half and 2half yr Old sons. Also our 7yr old cat Cleo. My in laws live 5mins away and we get on really well. Fil is my main source of child care. My parents live 20mins away and we spend a lot of Sundays with them. I also have a younger sister and brother. Both have partners but no other children yet. How's about you? image Xxx

Replies

• I live with my cat and my hubby, been married 2 years and 9 months, been together 8 1/2 years.  This is our first baby.  Got a younger brother and an even younger sister - no kids for them yet so first grandchild for my folks but the 5th grandchild for the inlaws (my hubby was a happy accident 12 years after his middle brother and 14 years after his oldest brother so we're a bit behind them image).  All our parents live in the same town as us and we're all pretty close.  X

• Blimey Nimmy!! You're really going all out on the posts!!

There is just me and the hubby, married for 2 years on the 22nd and we have no family over here, just lots of friends. Back in Blightly, we lived in the same village as the in laws (2 minute walk away, far too close!!) and about 20 mins from my parents. I'm an only child and hubby has a brother and sister (she lives in America, his parents are lovely really. We haven't all moved away from them!!) but this is their first blood grandchild as the others are adopted. I never thought this would be a big deal to them, but it seems old feelings have come out of the woodwork, which has meant some negative feeling toward us...not making the first few months that nice but what can you do?!

Sorry, that turned a bit sad! Famies hey!