Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Odd question in need of answers please!

<p class="MsoNormal">Hi everyone, <p class="MsoNormal"><!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!----> <p class="MsoNormal">Bit of an odd question here maybe! <p class="MsoNormal"><!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!----> <p class="MsoNormal">In the early stages of pregnancy I was up twice every night to pee which really annoyed me, and I was very pleased when I hit 12 weeks and noticed that I was sleeping through the whole night without needing to pee! However, that only seemed to last 1 week, and now since hitting 13 weeks, its got worse again! Last night I woke up to pee 4 times!!! And the last 2 nights it has been at least 2-3 times. I am 13 + 4 today. <p class="MsoNormal"><!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!----> <p class="MsoNormal">I was just concerned if this was normal, or do you think it could be a sign of UTI? I don’t have any other symptoms though, can you have a UTI and only have 1 symptom of needing to pee lots? <p class="MsoNormal"><!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!----> <p class="MsoNormal">I was looking forward to a break from my frequent waking up in the night until the 3<sup>rd</sup> trimester when I hear it gets worse again, but not now! <p class="MsoNormal"><!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!----> <p class="MsoNormal">Any advice? <p class="MsoNormal"><!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!----> <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks!

Replies

• Oh hang on....I don't know why that came out so wierd! Let me try again!

• Basically I was trying to say that during the first few weeks I was waking up twice in the night to pee, and the at 12 weeks I was very happy to sleep through the night and I heard that the frequent need to pee would stop at this stage. It did for about a week and now has got even worse! At 13 weeks it re-appeared and the last few nights have been getting up 2-3 times, and last night it was 4 times!!! I was a bit concerned if this could be a sign of infection, but I have no other signs. Anyone else had this or got any advice? Thanks!

• I have been the same. At 13w i got up 5 times one night. It seems to have settled again this weekend and i only got up once, which is normal for me even when i am not pg! If you are worried it won't hurt to get checked out. But i think from my experience it is normal! image Xxx
  • Ok thanks, good to know its not just me! It was just annoying as I was glad that it seemed to have stopped and I was sleeping all night!

• I too was looking forward to a bit of relief in the middle trimester, but never got it. I think it eased off for a few days, but then carried on as before. I'm generally getting up three times a night. I also have to go often in the day. I said to my oh that I'd think I have an infection, but I'm not in any pain! Have the midwife on wed so will mention it them. Supposedly it gets worse in the third trimester. Something to look forward to.
  • I am peeing several times throughout the night, I reckon it's the growing uterus pressing on the bladder. Though I've got midwife next week, will probably find out that I have a UTI haha xx

• Oh no, don't say that!  I was just beginning to enjoy the 13 week stage when I'm actually going - wait for it - 5hrs before needing a pee in the night!!  Dreading the thought of going back to peeing every 2hrs which it was like before 12 weeks!

Hopefully if you haven't got pain or itching you're ok - but always best to get it checked out if you're worried xx

• Haha, it's very glamourous being pregnant! This will make you laugh - I usually get brazilian waxes done but my skin must be very sensitive now as I was so irritated after my last one that I had to use Sudocrem "down there" haha. Thankfully all fine now though.

xx

• I managed a whole two nights where I didn't need to get up but that was it. And looking back I was so tired both days I think I probably needed to go but my body needed the sleep more (if that makes sense?!)

With you on the waxing Sian, I've had to stop mine too as it was just way too sensitive and I started bruising badly after which I haven't done for years. x x