Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Room for one more please?

Hi Ladies

I would like to join you if i may. I have left it so long as like some of you have experienced loss image

Anyway, im around 11 weeks pregnant with baby number 6! im due 24th Nov. I am absolutley petrified as in january this year i lost my baby at 16 weeks (rare) but it happened to me unfortunately. I had some spotting earlier this week but it seems to have settled again now and a scan revealed baby was fine thank god. I really dont feel i can relax though as im so so scared it is going to happen again, although im sure there cant be much chance as they could find no reason as to why my baby died at a late stage. I havent got a midwife yet, they havent been in touch yet so havent had any of my usual routine scans (i paid for a private scan when i spotted) as the doctors didnt want to know.

Im really hoping to get to know you all over the coming months, sorry about the long post.

Replies

• So sorry to hear about your losses. Must be tough. You are very welcome here. Hope you get to see your mw soon seems very unfair to leave you on your own like that. Xxx
  • Hi Granby and welcome!  I hope all goes well for you and a super sticky bean this time! x

• Hi granby and welcome. A few of us had had a long hard journey to get here so there are quite a few nervous ladies in DIN. I'm sure we will keep each other calm. Look forward to getting to know you xx
  • Hi Granby - you poor thing - what a horrendous thing to go through.  So pleased everything ok and looking forward to getting to know you x

• Hello and huge congratulations image x x
  • Welcome granby! Sorry to read of your loss, you will get lots of support and reassurance here as many of the DIN mummies have had tough journeys to get where we are so we're all here for each other! I hope this bean is very sticky! Can you chase up about seeing your midwife hun, maybe a letter has got lost in the post or something? xx