Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Amniotic band

Hiya ladies sorry i have only posted the once in here i dont get online much. I had my booking in appointment with consultant today and had a scan after there was a huge confusion over dates. My due date is 5th Nov just as i thought but when having the scan i was told i have an amniotic band. Has anyone heard of this or have this? I was told it can cause deformities with my baby but that was it. I have googled alot and its coming up with a vairy of things so i thought i would be better to ask people who may be going through the same thing as they are having babies at same time.

As this is my 2nd baby (my son Tyler is 15months old now) i never had anything like this before and have been shocked that its happened. Im not stressing about it as what will be will be and this baby was wanted and will be loved no matter what we are just more interested in whats going on. I am having my big scan on 29th June and they will be keeping a close eye on me so fingers crossed its nothing 2serious and all is fine.

I hope you dont mind me posting as i dont use this site much!

Yla X

14+2

Replies

• Options
    Hey! Sorry to Hear you have been told something but it has not been explained. I am afraid i am not much help as never heard of it! Didn't want to r&r. Have you a mw ap at 16w? You could talk to your mw then or give her a ring? Hope you find some answers and all stays well Xxx