Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

flu jab?

At my booking in i agreed with my mw i would have the flu jab. I am not sure now. Is anyone else having it? Is swine flu still a risk and are we at risk this time of year? Xxx

Replies

• Hi, you probably won't actually get offered your flu jab until around September/October time, as this is when they come out. If swine flu is still a risk when they are developing this year's jab then it will be included. I was due 8th Sept last year, and at one of my later mw appointments my midwife said that if the jabs came out before I gave birth, it would be a good idea to have it, as your baby is protected for the first 6 months of their life too then.

I didn't get to have it in the end as they weren't out in time but I think I would have if offered.

You've still got plenty of time to research and decide though, even though you've said yes it's not set in stone.

xxx

• I was going to say it's usually not available until later in the year (I have it every year as I'm asthmatic). In my area they don't tend to receive the jabs til Oct/Nov so chances are I will have had baby before it's available to me anyway. If it is available I think I will have it, just because of the risk factor of already being asthmatic. It's entirely your choice, if you don't feel comfortable then don't do it huni xx