Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

16w midwife appointment

Saw my mw today. Quite a boring appointment, but everything is spot on. Blood pressure perfect, urine clear, fundas height normal and my favourite part. . . Baby heartbeat regular. So reassuring to hear the heartbeat. image. Also had a little chat about breatfeeding. But as i fed both my boys until 12m she dint tell me much lol! Said i could probably tell her a thing or 2. Next appointment is my scan in 3weeks and 2 days. Meet my consultant then too. Exciting. Xxx

Replies

• I've got my 16 week appt on 23rd. I'm looking forward to it as really want to hear the heartbeat!xx
  • Just had my appointment - obviously it wasnt the 23rd durrrr baby-brain!! It was really basic - blood pressure low, heartbeat great, wee test not so good as it looks like I have another UTI image It's my own fault as I don't drink enough at work but the reason I don't is because I don't have time to drink or pee when I'm at work image No exaggeration! xx

• Just had my 16w mw appointment.  Am so lucky as my mw is so friendly and chatty.  BP and urine fine, baby heartbeat amazing - its so so reassuring to hear it (especially as I'm in two minds whether to use a home doppler!).  It really is sinking in that this is actually happening!!  After such a long hard slog getting here with so much heartache with the mc's, just hearing the heartbeat is enough for me to get really teary and happy that this pregnancy is progressing well.  xxx

• Glad your aps went well. Are you over your infection Sian? I don't drink at work either. Have time but working in other peoples homes makes wee stops hard. Some don't let you use their toilets and others are that dirty you wouldn't want to! Luckily i work 7-1 so make up for it after work! I also lived Hearing the heartbeat. So reassuring even if it is pg3! This baby doesn't move much at all! Xxx