Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

also had 12 week scan

had scan yesterday and measure 13+3 making my due. date 19th.November. all.is fine but they spent ages scanning the head which made me panic. but the little bean was wriggling about a lot. nt measurement was 1.6. so feel happy with that.

Replies

• Great news image x x
  • Great news hun it's been a long time coming for us both!!!!!! So so happy all is ok image
  • yay! so pleased all is ok. xxx

• what is the nt measurement and if the sonagrapher did not mention this is it likely that this measurement was taken and this may be why i ahve been sent a letter for additional scan in a fortnight?

• Don't worry hun they spent ages scanning my bean's head as he/she was a wriggler and they were trying to get the NT measurement! Think mine was 2.2.

Vicky13 the NT is where they measure the amount of fluid at the back of the bean's neck then combined with blood tests they give you a risk factor for Down's syndrome. Not all hospitals do it and you don't have to have it so you would have been given the choice when booking. If they couldn't get the measurement that might be why you've been asked back xx

• Great news hun! x x

• Hello s-evans - congrats on a lovely scan. Am so pleased everything seems ot be going well this time for you.

Love Apple x

• thanks ladies. still just taking it one at a time. can hardly believe it still.