Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dopplers

My sister has given me her doppler but am in two minds whether to use it.  Hubby is definitely against it as he knows I'm a complete worrier and if I didn't find the heartbeat I'd be panicking.  He's probably right, but am soooo tempted.

What are your thoughts on it ladies?  xx

Replies

• Options
    I caved and bought one at 14 weeks. I use it every week or so, but am feeling movements now so they reassure me. Luckily every time I've used my doppler I've found the heart beat within 5 or 10 minutes, but I imagine it would be worrying if you couldn't find it after a lot of trying.
  • Options

I have one, I was convinced i wasnt pregnant as I wasnt really showing so I ordered one and sods law the day it arrived my belly decided to pop out haha! I love it, I find the heartbeat pretty quickly. You just need to be prepared that you might not find the heartbeat some days depending on where the baby is. Sometimes I find it then the baby wriggles away and I cant hear it anymore!  If you do give it a go, aim for lower than you'd expect the baby to be! xx

• Options
    I used one for first time today... it took a good five minutes to find heartbeat, but now I've found it I can find it straight away!! it was such a relief to hear the heartbeat and so reassuring!!!
  • Options

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose been tempted by one of these.  How lovely you've all heard your little ones' heartbeat!  I'm soooo tempted to try!!!

• Options
    you can rent them for a few weeks if you don't want to buy one!!!
  • Options
    i have been very tempted but i am going to try and resist as i could do without extra worry if i can't find it.