Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012

Hello, hope you have all had a good week.

Hi ladies, I hope that you have all had a good week. Well I was 16 weeks last Monday and had my 16 week check, amazing hearing the heart beat but very surreal too. Still can't believe there is someone growing inside me ha ha. I've got a pretty good baby bulge going on now, although the ladies at work don't think it's very big (maybe they all think I'm just looking fat but are too polite to say ha ha). No longer feel tired all the time which is great, still peeing ALL the time though, hope that wears off soon but who knows. Have bought some bits and bobs now which is exciting, a pram / travel system, tommee tippee steriliser set and clothes image can see how easy it would be to spend a fortune. Finally on half term holidays so can put my feet up for a week - yippee. So how are you all getting on? Xxx

Replies

• we are travelling to Scotland just now to visit family for the week. currently 15 weeks. got consultant appt at hospital on Thursday 7th and 16wk check.on Tuesday 12th.
  • Felt on top of the world last weekend! But energy levels are right back down. I am exam marking as well as looking aft the boys and working. So so tired. I am 19w tomorrow and so excited for my 20w scan next Thursday! 2weeks till my marking deadline. So gonna be tired for a bit! Other than that i am getting few movements and a good bump is forming too. image Xxx
  • I'm glad your 16 week check went well, it's amazing hearing the heartbeat! You sound very organised with what you've bought, I've bought a few sleepsuits, a bouncer, playmat and cot mobile so far. I'm really tired at the month, I can't stay awake any later than 10! But other than that feeling good xx
  • Hi mrsE glad your 16 week appt went well, we had ours last week to, love hearing the heartbeat image I recorded it on my phone and I just listen to it all the time lol image

I'm starting to feel a little better (fc) and also getting a bump image

Hope you are enjoying your hols image x x x
  • Hey Girlies,

Sorry I haven't posted much, been popping in and out though to keep track! I'm 18 weeks and 2 days. Not really feeling much movement as my placenta is in the front again, was the same with my son.

One exciting bit of news is that I convinced hubby to have a gender scan last week as it was our third wedding anniversary. We are having a little.......

GIRL!!!!!

So exciting but so shocked as always imagined myself with boys! Just can't get my head around there being a girlie in there this time image

Apart from that I'm ok, had a cold last week which knocked me for six and this week had some weird stomach thing. Tiredness is much better so starting to exercise again.

Xxx
  • Aww a girl congratulations! image I've started exercise again, I went for a 5 mile walk IN THE RAIN!!! on Tuesday and will start pregnancy pilates this weekend xx

• Congratulations Hun x x
  • Glad to hear you are all doing well image

Cant believe we are reaching the half way mark now image its so exciting.

Congratulations bedshrimp on your little girl, now to think of names eh.

Gosh Sian that is good of you, I keep telling myself I must start going swimming (never been a big exerciser) but then keep talking myself outnof it again ha ha.

That is such a good idea Jessiepud, wish I had thought of that - like you I would be listening to it all the time ha ha. Getting a bump is so great isn't it, I keep checking mine out everytime I walk past a window or mirror - my mum and hubby think it's hilarious image

S-evans, hope you had a nice time in Scotland and that your 16 week check went well today.

Nimmy, saw your other thread earlier, congratulations on your 3rd little man - my hubby is 1 of 3 boys and he loved it, all the rough and tumble, whereas my poor brother had 2 sisters and boy did he put up with a lot (ear ache, make up practise, dressed him up in my mums wedding dress once ha ha) think boys are easier (from what I hear).

Hope everyones tiredness is starting to ease, My energy levels have definitly improved but really struggling to sleep on my side (I've always been a tummy sleeper) so ordered a pillow thing from argos to collect Sat, so really hoping that the extra support will help.

Keep in touch, it's lovely hearing how you are all getting on.

Xxx
  • Congrats bedshrimp, that's wonderful news!

I feel like I've finally turned a corner, I no longer need to go to bed at 830 and I wake up 'awake' rather than spending the next two hours nodding off! I finally have a (small) bump and I'm actually starting to feel pregnant, only taken 19 weeks.... But, I have noticed that I need to slow down. I go on 3-5 mile walks maybe 4 days a week (I've had to stop te running so its how I relax now. and nosey at people houses) and I've noticed it takes me much longer each week and I'm always out of puff at the top of a hill, whereas before I was fine.

I got all emotional for no reason the other night and just couldn't get over what was had made me upset, even though it was nothing. Blinking hormoans!!

MrsE I'm a tummy sleeper so have been having a hard time on my side, I keep waking up on my back which makes me all out of breath (from what, I was alseep??!!) Maybe I need one of those sausage pillows too.

x x

• vw_family I have one of the long pillows and if I put it between my legs it helps me stay sleeping on my side.

xx